Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scottish Bank Notes

Quote Originally Posted by neilsermk1 View Post
    Absolutely correct, buts its even more fun with 50 quids worth of groceries put through the till in a mini market. When they refuse to accept payment in Scots notes just walk away and leave the stuff stacked up. Childish I know but such fun.
    It must be so much fun to take it out on the poor cashier who is just trying to make a living. Just remember, a lot of companies will take the money out of the persons wages if they take notes that are forged. Cosidering a lot of people in England are not used to dealing with Scottish money on a daily basis, I don't blame them for not accepting Scottish notes. But do'nt let the fact you embarrassed, humiliated and belittled another human being spoil your fun. Childish is not the word, I think you will find nasty is more apt.

Absolutely correct, buts its even more fun with 50 quids worth of groceries put through the till in a mini market. When they refuse to accept payment in Scots notes just walk away and leave the stuff stacked up. Childish I know but such fun.
    So, what do you then have for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    So, what do you then have for dinner?
    Chinese resturaunt was quite happy to take my money

I quite often leave stuff stacked up at the checkout in shops with bad service. I rarely go to one local Sainsbury's because the service at the tills is so bad.

No banknotes are legal tender in Scotland - Google It

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123