Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: closure of lybster rbs branch

Quote Originally Posted by midi2304 View Post
    Don't confuse public spending - council - with private spending - big shops and banks. The former is publicly funded and we should be getting far better service from the Highland Council than we are. Private businesses have no such obligations.
    I'm not sure what you found to disagree with, in my post.

But see Post #2, below. Does it make a difference to the Council, that Invergordon is within commuting distance of Inverness?

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Get in touch with SNP MP Dr Paul Monaghan. I saw this on facebook today
    ATTENTION RBS CUSTOMERS INVERGORDON:
    RBS announced today they will close their Invergordon branch in August of this year. The Council are writing in the strongest terms to object. If you want to keep this branch please help me protest and write outlining your objections to this closure. Please do it soon, meantime the Council will launch a media campaign.
    Write to:
    The Royal Bank of Scotland plc,
    36 St Andrew Square,
    Edinburgh
    EH2 2YB
    Councillor Maxine Smith also wrote:
    RBS had a policy of not closing if they were the last bank standing, so I am waiting to hear what their reason is. If enough folk write and enough larger institutions like The Highland Council object then they might change their mind.

All via Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Wasn't disagreeing as such - just delineating the council with big shops and banks as you had them grouped together. For the purposes of this discussion they are very different beasts.

Yes, if you want big shops, banks and a council on your side.
    Quote Originally Posted by midi2304 View Post
    Wasn't disagreeing as such - just delineating the council with big shops and banks as you had them grouped together. For the purposes of this discussion they are very different beasts.
    They're grouped together as things you might want.

They're grouped together as things you might want.
    Aye but good council services you should expect to receive anywhere as a taxpayer. Doesn't matter where you choose to live. I expect good council services in Barrock. I don't expect good banking services.

But see Post #2, below. Does it make a difference to the Council, that Invergordon is within commuting distance of Inverness?
    I would suggest the branch in Dingwall is substantially closer

And there is a dramatic difference between the size of Lybster and the size of Invergordon - Lybster pales in significance

Quote Originally Posted by weeker2014 View Post
    I would suggest the branch in Dingwall is substantially closer
    Is it closing?

And there is a dramatic difference between the size of Lybster and the size of Invergordon - Lybster pales in significance
    Not that dramatic, or even pale.

And they could get money out while they're in Inverness for their work.

I think with the substantial workforce at Nigg and Invergordon port, getting cash out when in Inverness for their work makes little sense. The council should fight closures where there is a genuine need, Lybster is far from a genuine need. There is also another bank in operation in Invergordon.

I must admit I was slightly surprised to hear the Lybster bank was still open.

yes in august it closing

yes lybster closing in august

RBS have just been hit with a near £450m fine by the US govt in the Libor case.

http://www.scotsman.com/business/fin...ging-1-3778582

The closure of the branch in Lybster may just be a coincidence but thats a hell of a fine to pay and costs will have to be cut somewhere.

I myself bank with RBS and do virtually everything online. I rarely take cash out with me, preferring to pay with my debit card. As for paying in, this can easily be done at the post office. Granted it takes a few days to register but if you are short of cash then don't pay in as much.

Red face

Big chance for our new local SNP MP to show his worth by getting the closure of RBofS Lybster stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    Big chance for our new local SNP MP to show his worth by getting the closure of RBofS Lybster stopped.
    Not if he has an ounce of sense he won't. I can think of a lot of important things for him to deal with. Lybster RBS isnt one!

Quote Originally Posted by fender View Post
    If he can get customers in to use it, he really is good.

Orginised crime and we own 81% oh it.

Internet banking will be better when we can withdraw money and print it ourselves.

Wink

Not if he has an ounce of sense he won't. I can think of a lot of important things for him to deal with. Lybster RBS isnt one!
    Like what colour his hair should be.

just been reading all these posts and am really shocked at the attitude that its fine to close the lybster branch.I asked for help as to the local community ,most of which are elderly or crofting ,this branch and its services are important.very sad and disappointed in how its ok to close it and we should just go to wick.this isn't a viable option due to costs or if elderly may not even be an option.yes internet banking is fine,but you need an internet that actually works,but dont get me started on that!!.just hoped that there may be a hope to save the branch as it is the last branch standing but from the general feeling on here yet again,after the playgroup anthe schools swimmimg pool, I am wasting my time as the majority are happy to let services be lost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast