Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Any excuse for a night on the drink!

Default Any excuse for a night on the drink!

[IMG][/IMG]

Alrite guys, Thurso is going to invade Inverness on Saturday 28th April.

Empty Fortune are playing the market bar that night from 10pm onwards. It will be our first acoustic gig with Ryan on the drums.

Now it turns out all the boys and boyettes are coming down for a good ol' knees up that night. Just seemed to happen that every time i mention the gig folk say "Oh yeah, Im coming down to see you boys there"

So if u wanna come along just drop us a message and we'll be happy to have you along. Seriously, LOADS of the crew are coming down! I sometimes wonder if they realise that we play in Thurso & Wick aswell!

Cheers,

Richard, Calum & Ryan

Good luck for that guys. I've heard it's a good place to play... rather small, so you'll be right in everyone's faces, but good.

Cheers dude, popped in to the bar yesterday when i was dropping off a mate at the bus and it is a tad on the small side. No longer am i worried about being LOUD enough, its more like finding small enough amps to fit on the stage! The real challenge will be when it comes to fitting the following into my wee fiesta:

Big Ryan
    Me
    Ryan's Drums & Stands
    2 Guitar Amps
    Bass Amp
    Bass guitar
    Electro Acoustic
    Mic Stands & Toolbox with cables
    oh and a mandolin!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

obviously Ryan can go on the roof rack or trailer...............leaving more than enough space for your portable 10 million watt rig

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    obviously Ryan can go on the roof rack or trailer...............leaving more than enough space for your portable 10 million watt rig
    lol the pedal board's staying at home that weekend i can asurre you! I've already made sure that calum is getting a lift with his ladyfriend on the day of the gig so thats one less thing to worry about. Trailers staying at home due to no-where secure to leave it. Heck I dont even know where im staying yet after the gig! Thats a wee problem, everyone who is coming down is like "So, where are all 300 of us staying?" Luckily as I wont be drinking that night I can get away with sleeping in the car if need be lol.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    lol the pedal board's staying at home that weekend i can asurre you! I've already made sure that calum is getting a lift with his ladyfriend on the day of the gig so thats one less thing to worry about. Trailers staying at home due to no-where secure to leave it. Heck I dont even know where im staying yet after the gig! Thats a wee problem, everyone who is coming down is like "So, where are all 300 of us staying?" Luckily as I wont be drinking that night I can get away with sleeping in the car if need be lol.
    there's a reputable hostel on Castle street I think..............never used it but I know people who have. Might be worth a look

there's a reputable hostel on Castle street I think..............never used it but I know people who have. Might be worth a look
    What? U mean pay money to stay in Inverness? U do realise you're talking to the tightest musician on earth here? Im relying on the fact that the dude who got us the gig in the first place will be back onshore when we play there and i can crash on his living room floor! Or i may just take a tent with me and strike up camp on the nearest roundabout!

What? U mean pay money to stay in Inverness? U do realise you're talking to the tightest musician on earth here? Im relying on the fact that the dude who got us the gig in the first place will be back onshore when we play there and i can crash on his living room floor! Or i may just take a tent with me and strike up camp on the nearest roundabout!
    LOL fair enough

I'll tell you though, after many miles of road & many hours of gig there's nothing like a bed....even if it costs ye a ten shot

couches, floors, 1/2 raxxed chairs, backs of vans, 5 people in one room, keyboard cases, stages at biker rallies...........the list goes on & on

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A BED, especially your own one

THERE'S NOTHING LIKE A BED
    Lol, true. Cos if something was like a bed then it would also be called a 'Bed'. Bath tubs are good substitutes I find. Heck Im hardy! I was in e scouts il have you know! Im gonna take ryans drumsticks after e gig and rub em together and make a nice cosy fire for masel, then chuck calums guitar on it for comedy value!

Lol, true. Cos if something was like a bed then it would also be called a 'Bed'. Bath tubs are good substitutes I find. Heck Im hardy! I was in e scouts il have you know! Im gonna take ryans drumsticks after e gig and rub em together and make a nice cosy fire for masel, then chuck calums guitar on it for comedy value!
    Puttin eh Ray Mears out ye!

The Ho Ho Hostel opposite MacDonalds will cost you a 10 spot for the night and its pretty decent!!

Boom Boom! Bang Bang! Bump Bump!

Blah blah blah, hope to see a few familiar faces on saturday night