Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Manchester votes to be part of Scotland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,011

    Default Manchester votes to be part of Scotland

    72% of Manchester Evening News readers vote in a poll to join Scotland. They don't want Westminster tory rule either!


    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-votes-9254231
    Last edited by Rheghead; 14-May-15 at 20:08.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    72% of Manchester Evening News readers vote in a poll to join Scotland. They don't want Westminster tory rule either!http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-votes-9254231
    That would be pointless considering the majority of scots dont want to break away

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    That would be pointless considering the majority of scots dont want to break away
    The majority of Scots got scared into not breaking away.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The majority of Scots got scared into not breaking away.
    Scared by what?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    Scared by what?
    Oh I'm not going into all that again, I'm sure we remember what was said.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Oh I'm not going into all that again, I'm sure we remember what was said.
    Sorry to disallusion you, but I for one (and I am just one of many) was not scared in 2014, or 1979 as it happens. Unless you spoke to each individual who voted no personally, do not make assumptions on our behalf.

  7. #7

    Default

    what about those people who did not vote in Scotland whose side were they on the yes or the or the no

  8. #8
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The majority of Scots got scared into not breaking away.

    Another made up non fact.

    One day you'll grasp 55% said No because we didn't want independence.

    I could easily throw some non sensical remark about Yes voters but it would be based on my personal opinion.

    Mind does make me realise why Nicola Sturgeon wants to be a shepherdess !

    Meeeehhh Meeehhh

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Another made up non fact.

    One day you'll grasp 55% said No because we didn't want independence.

    I could easily throw some non sensical remark about Yes voters but it would be based on my personal opinion.

    Mind does make me realise why Nicola Sturgeon wants to be a shepherdess !

    Meeeehhh Meeehhh
    It is a point of history that the No campaign was a negative one. I don't need to prove it as we all lived through it and the memory of it is still very fresh. You are insulting your own intelligence if you claim otherwise.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  10. #10

    Default

    And the yes campaign was a clear failureThe only good that came out of it was the stepping down of the fat man.

  11. #11
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    It is a point of history that the No campaign was a negative one. I don't need to prove it as we all lived through it and the memory of it is still very fresh. You are insulting your own intelligence if you claim otherwise.
    I'm wondering how you ascertained your information did you use a crystal ball mebbe, pixie dust ?

    As you voted Yes and where rather vociferous in your support of the yes campaign I'm sure the quiet logical thought process that went along with voting No is totally lost on you,maybe you should rejoin your flock and let the shepherdess do the thinking for you .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The majority of Scots got scared into not breaking away.
    I was not scared of voting NO, am glad to be part of the 55%
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  13. #13
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    72% of Manchester Evening News readers vote in a poll to join Scotland. They don't want Westminster tory rule either!http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-votes-9254231
    Ahh yes 12000 people vote in an online poll from a city with a population of 2.7 Million.

    That's really statisically significant.

  14. #14

    Default

    And reading their comments in the Manchester Evening News the majority were obviously having a laugh.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wick
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    And reading their comments in the Manchester Evening News the majority were obviously having a laugh.
    And reading all the "NO" voters remarks on here they are obviously trying hard to raise a chuckle never mind a laugh.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    And reading all the "NO" voters remarks on here they are obviously trying hard to raise a chuckle never mind a laugh.
    All I did was ask Rheghead, as to why I was "scared" into voting no, he could'nt answer me. Was I trying to raise a laugh, no.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,077

    Default

    We would be crazy to create a new state with the north of England. Their GDP per capita is much lower than ours which means we would be subsidising their benefits programme from day one. In particular we should avoid the north east. Better would be a confederacy with south east England. Their GDP per capita is similar to ours and our outlooks are similar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •