Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 hr waits in A&E increase by 300% in last year under SNP run NHS Scotland

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Default 12 hr waits in A&E increase by 300% in last year under SNP run NHS Scotland

Here's some uncomfortable reading for those who support the SNP and its running of the NHS Scotland http://forargyll.com/2015/05/12-hour...lso-up-by-150/

What did the SNP do to cause this problem?

You ever give up?
    Més que un club

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Here's some uncomfortable reading for those who support the SNP and its running of the NHS Scotland http://forargyll.com/2015/05/12-hour...lso-up-by-150/
    Let's put things into perspective rather than just focusing on Scotland and the SNP.

The number of people waiting over 4 hours to be seen has trebled right across the UK between 2011 and 2015.

http://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/info...hind-ae-crisis
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Regardless who's to blame there is a massive problem with the NHS, especially here. I am not just talking about waiting times, I am talking about a lack, and it is a major lack of staff, GP's, Nurses, Consultants and so on. Does anybody know what the NHS (Raigmore) pays out for travelling expenses? The cost of employing loculm GP's in the Riverside Practice must be astronomical, now, I attended that practice for just over a year, and I do'nt think I saw the same Doctor twice. My Consultant at Raigmore (Gastroenterology) told me he was quite prepared to attend Caithness General on a monthly basis to see his patients from this area there, as a lot of them are elderly, he said the powers that be would not allow this. Something has to be done, and quickly.

Just to add, I have only had to visit A&E twice, once in Thurso (Dunbar Hospital), and once in Caithness General. Both occasions I was seen straight away. When I had to go to Wick they thought I had had a heart attack, I cannot praise the Nurses, Doctors and a Consultant who was a professor highly enough, the care I received was second to none.

Staffing numbers are higher in Scotland than the rest of the UK.

http://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/data...r-countries-uk

However, waiting times are higher in conservative areas like the south of England

http://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/data...iting-times-uk

Makes a change from reading your uncomfortable and repetitive posts, numerous polls and continuous belittling of anyone who is a pro-independence or SNP supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Makes a change from reading your uncomfortable and repetitive posts, numerous polls and continuous belittling of anyone who is a pro-independence or SNP supporter.
    Well why not give me a couple of examples that show the resounding success of the SNP and some of their policies that have made the lives of the people of Scotland so much better.
    Very easy to complain about posts but not put anything worthy as a reply except for personal attack.

I fully understand the blind adoration most SNP voters have for the party but come on do all us unionists a favour, play ball show us some examples of where they have delivers resounding success.

If you don't enjoy the polls don't partake no one forces you to participate I fully support your democratic right not to bother.

Just as much as I hope you fully support my democratic right to have a differing point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    What did the SNP do to cause this problem?
    The SNP have been in power for 7 years NHS Scotland is devolved so it's very much their problem you can't blame Westminster.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flea View Post
    You ever give up?
    Not while they continue to run the service in such a shambolic way and blame everyone but themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Let's put things into perspective rather than just focusing on Scotland and the SNP.The number of people waiting over 4 hours to be seen has trebled right across the UK between 2011 and 2015. http://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/info...hind-ae-crisis
    But this is isn't England, Wales Or Northern Ireland this is Scotland and the SNP are in charge and have been for 7 years passing the buck doesn't really do it aren't they supposed to be delivering more and better than anyone else. " Exemplo Ducimus " Lead By Example ....not blame everyone else

show us why conservatives are any better. Englands in a just state than ours but funny how you conveniently never bring examples over from England to back your claims. Part of the reason we have issues up here in Caithness is due to doctors not wanting to move up to a remote location.

But this is isn't England, Wales Or Northern Ireland this is Scotland and the SNP are in charge and have been for 7 years passing the buck doesn't really do it aren't they supposed to be delivering more and better than anyone else. " Exemplo Ducimus " Lead By Example ....not blame everyone else
    But waiting times are lower in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant209 View Post
    show us why conservatives are any better. Englands in a just state than ours but funny how you conveniently never bring examples over from England to back your claims. Part of the reason we have issues up here in Caithness is due to doctors not wanting to move up to a remote location.
    I can't say I've ever heard of a Conservative government in Scotland or winning a seat in Caithness.

If I lived in England id be quite happy to use examples but I don't, I live up here in Caithness and the SNP have run the show for 7 years now.

Previously to that it was Labour so blaming Conservatives for all the woes is just grievance politics.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 13-May-15 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    But waiting times are lower in Scotland.
    The SNP made the promises not Labour,not Lib Dems, not the Conservatives so surely it's right they are held to account for THEIR promises .

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...p-nhs-scotland
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 13-May-15 at 17:12.

The SNP made the promises not Labour,not Lib Dems, not the Conservatives so surely it's right they are held to account for THEIR promises .

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...p-nhs-scotland
    http://news.stv.tv/scotland/1320191-...-must-be-done/
    a more recent article showing improvement. dated yesterday

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/1320191-...-must-be-done/ a more recent article showing improvement. dated yesterday
    One weeks results !

The results are done on a weekly basis your last article same thing.......

Yes they are weekly results but showing one weeks improvement at the end of winter hardly shows a statistical long term improvement.
    Considering the decline over a number of years of standards and hitting of targets one weeks results show little or nothing.

you think you could do any better? Do you know what the issues are that's affecting the NHS? Do you know how to resolve them? Its easy to blame people when you havn't a clue and that seems to be all you do.

you think you could do any better? Do you know what the issues are that's affecting the NHS? Do you know how to resolve them? Its easy to blame people when you havn't a clue and that seems to be all you do.
    I'm fairly well acquainted with the problems facing the NHS.

But the issue isn't how competent I am personally am with being able to resolve the issues I'm not being paid to resolve the issue but our government currently and previously headed by the SNP are the ones making promises and setting deadlines.
    If you want to pay me the same amount as the first minister and give me the same powers I certainly couldn't do any worse.

One thing I did learn during my years of running Business's is never make a promise or commitment you can't fulfil. Shame our elected representatives don't use the same principle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast