Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations to the prime minister

Default Congratulations to the prime minister

Congratulations to David Cameron on his re-election as prime minister of the United Kingdom. Congratulations also to my MP who was re-elected with an increased majority. We are at last rid of the wrong Miliband who also lost his Party's Balls. Eek!

Do you own an MP?

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Do you own an MP?
    I've had a number over the years. I had to divorce one to get him out of the house.

We have all been screwed by MPs in the past crayola

Ha ha very good, but most of you won't have enjoyed the experience. I would have preferred another Conservative LibDem coalition but a girl can't always have everything she wants.

Congratulations to the Prime minister on an effective campaign. His mantra to threaten England with the democratic choice of Scotland revealed more than he bargained for about the psyche of him and his supporters.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 10-May-15 at 13:27.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Congratulations to the Prime minister on an effective campaign. His mantra to threaten England with the democratic choice of scotland revealed more than he bargained for about the psyche of him and his supporters.
    It's considered polite to write Scotland with a capital S.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    It's considered polite to write Scotland with a capital S.
    Thanks for pointing that out, it wasn't intentional.

Thanks for pointing that out, it wasn't intentional.
    Back tracking now, eh?

Death to traitors!

It was amusing to see and hear the new intake of Scottish MPs arriving in London. Although in some ways refreshing, their outspokenly naive enthusiasm reminded me of a Glasgow hen party down here for a boozy weekend. Angus Robertson will have an unenviable mission trying to train that lot how to work the system. I shall watch the process with some detachment sad to say.

Is that not cod you are flying around on your broomstick?

I forgot to mention that the blokie I sat next to on the plane told me he'd seen Ed Miliband at Departures just before the new MPs arrived! I have no confirmation of this but it's ironic if true. I normally fly via City Airport to avoid crowds and hassle. After today I'll think twice before making my choice. It's good to have more women MPs but that lot were cackling like hens when the cockerel arrives to do his business.

How long before the ned MP's completely embarrass us.Mhairi Black.....what the actual...She is being ripped to bits on USA prime time telly, at least she has put us on the map!!!!

I didn't see Mairi today unfortunately. The Tory toffs will love her. It really was Ed at the airport, on his way to Ibiza according to the BBC. Mairi at Westminster and Ed in Ibiza! How their locations are not as might be presumed.
    Last edited by crayola; 11-May-15 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    How long before the ned MP's completely embarrass us.Mhairi Black.....what the actual...She is being ripped to bits on USA prime time telly, at least she has put us on the map!!!!
    Why is she being ripped to bits in the USA?

just follow her foul mouthed tweets Rheg, she is a good example of a Scot, NOT no wonder the American press have picked up on her.
    Last edited by golach; 12-May-15 at 12:23.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

The problem is that people voted for people no matter what their capabilities as MPs were , but on what party they are - there should be at least to candidates per party so people have a proper choice. I saw Mairi Black on the BBC and it was quite
    embarrassing .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ld-be-MPs.html

I would have pasted her Twitter feed but it would get me banned, it beggars belief that the SNP seen fit to put this type of person forward as a MP.The HBO show "this week tonight" found it hilarious.
    Last edited by davth; 12-May-15 at 09:31.

Mhair Black connected with the people in the doorstep. Whatever you think of her appearance, her accent, her tweets, the fact remains that the People on the doorstep voted for her because they believed she understood their needs and their hopes and aspirations for the future. They saw a young woman who grew up in their community, speaks their language, went to their schools, worked hard to get to university, cares about the people on the doorstep and the issues important to them. She didn't squeak in by a whisker, she won 51% of the vote and she has a majority of over 5 thousand. Who cares what they say about her on US daytime television - is any daytime TV a paragon of taste and political acumen? She will grow and change and she will mature into the role she is in. I have no doubt that she will do her best to be the best she can be. Whether she will be good, bad or magnificent will remain to be seen but I'll tell you what - she is a brave brave lassie to stand tall in front of the insults and sexist and actually classist rubbish that will be thrown at her over the weeks and months. Fair play to her - I wouldn't have had the guts to do what she is doing at 20!

It was a Sunday night show which is broadcast worldwide.,Her Twitter feed tells you all you need to know about her

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast