Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: was a joke about driving

Default was a joke about driving

Private 07-Apr-07 21:46Reversed 5Inappropriate Language
    hi folks this ll be my last post ,i have enjoyed posting & reading all your posts but ive had enough of this. i got the above points for using the word ass in a joke that i posted. i thought it was a good joke, nothing of a sexual content or any swearword,s only ass. i looked up the dictionary and the definition was , ass a beast of burden, or american slang [fool] or a rear end.
    i wont be posting anymore & i wont even be looking at the org either so i wish each & every one of you my very best wishes .
    aw to hell with it the rebel in me cant resist it. neil fernie start counting the 5 points here. ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass ass

See your point, its silly to block or moderate such a word, but I guess its a community forum and they can do what they like. This harkens me back to a long ago 'pet hates' thread and mine was the one where people post threads to say their leaving and I bring out the worlds smallest violin and start strumming it with my pinky. If this was all we had to worry about in the world. Come on man don't take it so seriously and have a laugh! :P

oh no, Johno, please don't leave me sweeping round the supermarket without you.

yeah lol, its a case of who's next
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

I have PM'd Johno that the infraction was REVERSED - i.e. it was deemed that ass was not an inappropriate word and therefore the points have been taken back off. I believe he may have misunderstood the PM from Admin.

Aw dang it, does that mean I have to put my wee violin away

Poor Show Johno, you've brought some amusing jokes to caithness.org and I've enjoyed your input, but despite you getting clarification that the points were reversed (as it stated on the piece you copied and pasted), you didn't feel the need to retract your statement when you logged in this morning. Funnily enough, if they hadn't retracted the initial points, there would've been no complaint. The irony!!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by henry20 View Post
    Poor Show Johno, you've brought some amusing jokes to caithness.org and I've enjoyed your input, but despite you getting clarification that the points were reversed (as it stated on the piece you copied and pasted), you didn't feel the need to retract your statement when you logged in this morning. Funnily enough, if they hadn't retracted the initial points, there would've been no complaint. The irony!!
    I assume he didn't notice the retraction - they do seem fairly rare on here!!

You have

• No idea how many Infractions have been issued
    • No idea how many I have reversed.

Anyone that attempts to stir up trouble without any evidence will receive an Infraction for trolling. You have been given fair warning.

I know some people(me included) think this site is 'world' ranking,so for the slap down in response to an every day expression kind'a smarts of totalianism.

Quote Originally Posted by henry20 View Post
    well im sorry but i did,nt notice that it had been reversed, a quick glance showed me the thing was still there ,for that i apoligise to all concerned. i would have thought that the whole thing would have been erased completely.
    in fact i took exception to it being put there in the first instant. do the mods not have someone higher to get advice on these things or are they free to pick & chose who they penalise. lets all face it we have all read much more spicier posts than my one and not even a whisper from the mods.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Manson View Post
    You have
    • No idea how many Infractions have been issued
    • No idea how many I have reversed.

Anyone that attempts to stir up trouble without any evidence will receive an Infraction for trolling. You have been given fair warning.
    Steady on there Colin - I made an observation from my personal experience, and I do not believe it was stirring up trouble. I already have an ever expanding list of warnings thanks, most of them pretty trivial things, when there are some on here getting away with a lot more. I seem to have hit a nerve there, is it a sore point?

No, it's just speculation without any proof, the fact that you have "an ever expanding list of warnings" just goes to show that Infractions aren't dished out in the manner that you suggest. You are contradicting yourself.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Manson View Post
    No, it's just speculation without any proof, the fact that you have "an ever expanding list of warnings" just goes to show that Infractions aren't dished out in the manner that you suggest. You are contradicting yourself.
    Whatever you say boss!!

I can kiss mine.

Great post Fred lol

what a great picture, dont they have lovely eyes
    ps I didn't realise there was a smiley limit

what a good post fred!

Fred, our donkey used to crunch car wing mirrors effortlessly. Do you still have a nose? He had to go when he started chasing lambs and then I spotted him swinging a two year old around by the anorak hood.

The child was loving it but it made my blood run cold, and then some years later there he was on page three of a local paper the centre piece of a nativity play surrounded by small kids and eyeing a real baby in the crib....

What a superb post fred! One of the best piccies in a long time..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast