Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The good news if the SNP do get a landslide victory at the polls

It doesnt really matter, DC is the PM, NS is not.
    End of

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by weeker2014 View Post
    Out of the seats available to the SNP they won 95% of them, out of the seats available to the Tories, they won 51% of them. Out of votes cast available to the SNP they won 50% of them, out of the votes cast available to the Tories, they won 37% of them. Those percentages say it all really. So for all of those who say 50% of Scotland didn't vote for the SNP it pales in comparison to 63% of the UK not voting Tory.
    You forgot the people in Scotland who didn't vote so that means less than 50% of the population of Scotland voted SNP and still means they are going to struggle to get their own way in Westminster.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    You forgot the people in Scotland who didn't vote so that means less than 50% of the population of Scotland voted SNP and still means they are going to struggle to get their own way in Westminster.
    I did say of votes cast. In addition I used the same for the 37% which means even less of the population of the UK voted Tory. You can't change the stats, they are black and white. - this is not an argument about independence, it is about MP's who stand up for Scotlands interests within the UK. Clearly that is what the Scottish electorate who voted chose. Even when you have lost this argument you still bang on wanting to accept the worst for Scotland. For the next 5 years we have 56 SNP MPs who want to stand up for us, put up and be happy or shut up as the election is over. The SNP want to make positive change where they can and work with others, not to get their own way.

DC will be hoping he has wee Jimmy Krankie aiding him in every election.Talk of a Labour /SNP coalition was enough to turn most of the English vote to the Tories, even though Milliband discounted it the electorate didn't take the chance.DC played a blinder and will be feet up in 10 Downing Streeet, laughing his socks off with a nice malt Whiskey.

I did say of votes cast. In addition I used the same for the 37% which means even less of the population of the UK voted Tory. You can't change the stats, they are black and white. - this is not an argument about independence, it is about MP's who stand up for Scotlands interests within the UK. Clearly that is what the Scottish electorate who voted chose. Even when you have lost this argument you still bang on wanting to accept the worst for Scotland. For the next 5 years we have 56 SNP MPs who want to stand up for us, put up and be happy or shut up as the election is over. The SNP want to make positive change where they can and work with others, not to get their own way.
    Well I've yet to see any policy of the SNPs that is actually better for Scotland, centralising the police and fire services costing more money with the absurd levying of VAT which the SNP knew about but didn't bother to take into account.

NHS Scotland failing just like in Wales but in Scotland there's no excuse of mass immigration putting extra stress on the services just poor fiscal management. Falling literacy rates amongst our children due to SNP incompetence.

A state sponsored minder for every child, totally invading the private lives of average families instead of targeting the ones that actually require monitoring.

A inept purchase of an airport which is just costing the taxpayers of Scotland millions instead of being allowed to fail.Schools being built but running behind time and over budget.

Can you actually point out one policy of the SNPs that is working.

All this from a party that claims to be working in the best interests of Scotland but doesn't seem to do anything successfully except create massive social divisions because of their nationalistic rhetoric and ability to dwell on long distant historical events that no longer bear any relevance to the modern world.

I'd like to see a progressive government that actually tries to balance the finances of Scotland so our future generations aren't saddled with debts, a party that doesn't talk about social inequality but does something about it by creating a vibrant economy and decreasing unemployment,instead of using the state funding as a panacea for all the woes. A party that doesn't just look toward keeping central belt voters happy while ignoring those in the rural economy.

Any clown of politician can spend public money without any concern to ramping up unaffordable debt but it takes a lot more thought to make a better country by making it work well through less state spending and more employment opportunities.

Non of which the SNP seem to have a clue about.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 10-May-15 at 00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Well I've yet to see any policy of the SNPs that is actually better for Scotland, centralising the police and fire services costing more money with the absurd levying of VAT which the SNP knew about but didn't bother to take into account.

NHS Scotland failing just like in Wales but in Scotland there's no excuse of mass immigration putting extra stress on the services just poor fiscal management. Falling literacy rates amongst our children due to SNP incompetence.

A state sponsored minder for every child, totally invading the private lives of average families instead of targeting the ones that actually require monitoring.

A inept purchase of an airport which is just costing the taxpayers of Scotland millions instead of being allowed to fail.Schools being built but running behind time and over budget.

Can you actually point out one policy of the SNPs that is working.

All this from a party that claims to be working in the best interests of Scotland but doesn't seem to do anything successfully except create massive social divisions because of their nationalistic rhetoric and ability to dwell on long distant historical events that no longer bear any relevance to the modern world.

I'd like to see a progressive government that actually tries to balance the finances of Scotland so our future generations aren't saddled with debts, a party that doesn't talk about social inequality but does something about it by creating a vibrant economy and decreasing unemployment,instead of using the state funding as a panacea for all the woes. A party that doesn't just look toward keeping central belt voters happy while ignoring those in the rural economy.

Any clown of politician can spend public money without any concern to ramping up unaffordable debt but it takes a lot more thought to make a better country by making it work well through less state spending and more employment opportunities.

Non of which the SNP seem to have a clue about.
    Oh dear sour grapes over the 56 SNP MP'S - I find it best just to suck it up!

So long as DC has a healthy supply of buck fast, blue WKD and white lightning at the parliament bar, all will be well.

Oh dear sour grapes over the 56 SNP MP'S - I find it best just to suck it up!
    You seem to miss the point I voted conservative so the party I voted for has a majority which the SNP can do nothing about. No sour grapes pure elation mind if I were an SNP voter id be concerned as they seem incapable of succeeding at anything except winning votes. Seems to me all SNP voters want is an independent bankrupt welfare state.

Are you a supporter of a Tory party members statement on the radio this morning that SNP supporters are "Marxist and Scum"

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Are you a supporter of a Tory party members statement on the radio this morning that SNP supporters are "Marxist and Scum"
    It might depend on context!

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    In the times and other papers today, Cameron will only offer the smith commission, SNP cannot make any further demands to this as they dont have any clout, so its smith or FFA which they cannot accept given the hole that will leave in Scottish fiances forcing Sturgeon et all to go along with imposed cuts or make their own cuts as they now lack any real leverage to extract lesser austerity cuts in Scotland. Its obvious STurgeons strategy was based on forcing a minority Labour government to do a "deal" with them...well all bets are off and that smile will soon be gone from Nicola's face as one headline puts it.. people will soon wake up to the fact that 56 MPs count for nowt. Just do the arithmetic Cameron holds all aces...not sour grapes but hard political arithmetic...Cameron has to hold a EU referendum and if England votes to leave, Sturgeons run in to full independence is on....but what will that mean...net effect is we still will have a huge economic hole...so we are cornered...we could face .Greece with dour driech dampness !!

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Cameron has to hold a EU referendum and if England votes to leave, Sturgeons run in to full independence is on....but what will that mean...net effect is we still will have a huge economic hole...so we are cornered...we could face .Greece with dour driech dampness !!
    Nope, as the referendum debate proved, Scotland's people and resources will pull her out of recession much faster than the rUK. It makes little sense to say that the overcrowded and resource deplete UK can do a better job when 5 million Scots with 30% of the UK's land mass with all its resources and oil couldn't.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Nope, as the referendum debate proved, Scotland's people and resources will pull her out of recession much faster than the rUK. It makes little sense to say that the overcrowded and resource deplete UK can do a better job when 5 million Scots with 30% of the UK's land mass with all its resources and oil couldn't.
    Your arguement is based on arithmetic and pre supposes growth as well as economic management

What people are you referring to and what resources ?

The referendum debate proved 55% hadnt the confidence you infer !

Oh I get it if we all realise our potential freed from the chains of england then the economy booms

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    The referendum debate proved 55% hadnt the confidence you infer !
    How could the 55% have confidence when every news outlet was scaremongering?

Like you, I can only speak for myself, but it didn't scare me.

I confidently don't want Scottish independence.

Of course your correct 100%

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Like you, I can only speak for myself, but it didn't scare me.

I confidently don't want Scottish independence.
    It wouldn't scare you if you wouldn't consider the possibility to any depth.

Perhaps if questions had been answered or if the economy had not been based on the oil revenue at $120 a barrel which has since imploded.
    Thank heaven for 55% of us who were sensible enough not to blindly step off the cliff into bankruptcy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast