Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SNP Home And Hosed In Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross?

Default SNP Home And Hosed In Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross?

With a bit of time to go to the actual Polling Day the Bookmakers have taken the view that it is all over and done for John Thurso and the Lib Dems in the local constituency.

The SNP have been favourites for quite some time but the odds have been sliced this past week or so and are now at a level where it is considered a virtual certainty that they will triumph.

You have to hand it to these bookies, who have odds available for every seat up and down the country, be it one hundred to one odds-on shoo ins or otherwise.

Earlier odds had SNP 2/5 Favourites and the Lib Dems 15/8 but the best price now available on the SNP is 2/7 with William Hill and as low as 1/8 with some firms. Lib Dems vary from 5/2 out to 9/2.

Basically the odds indicate that the worst case scenario odds give John Thurso an 18% chance of keeping his seat and it's deemed as certain as an 89% chance that the SNP will gain the seat.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Best everyone who voted Yes in the referendum tactically votes Lib Dem and gives the SNP the bloody nose they truly deserve.

Sticks in my throat a bit to do so but I really can't be doing with another referendum in a year or two.

Once in a generation...once in a lifetime ....yeah yeah we all believe that ...NOT .

I am not big on politics, but I have to say that John Thurso fought my corner on an issue I had with Business Stream that were pursuing me relentlessly for an unreasonable amount of money that I did not owe them, all my efforts to make them see sense failed but a few letters yours truly got them off my back.

Having said that, I had a card from the post office to say that they could not deliver two letters due to unpaid deficient postage. I collected the two letters from the sorting office and paid the £1.54 each because stamped on them was IMPORTANT, the contents was more important to them than it was to me and they were the same letter sent twice with no stamps.
    My thoughts were that this is a party that would aspire to run the country, but cant even get their own basic admin right.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    With a bit of time to go to the actual Polling Day the Bookmakers have taken the view that it is all over and done for John Thurso and the Lib Dems in the local constituency.

The SNP have been favourites for quite some time but the odds have been sliced this past week or so and are now at a level where it is considered a virtual certainty that they will triumph.

You have to hand it to these bookies, who have odds available for every seat up and down the country, be it one hundred to one odds-on shoo ins or otherwise.

Earlier odds had SNP 2/5 Favourites and the Lib Dems 15/8 but the best price now available on the SNP is 2/7 with William Hill and as low as 1/8 with some firms. Lib Dems vary from 5/2 out to 9/2.

Basically the odds indicate that the worst case scenario odds give John Thurso an 18% chance of keeping his seat and it's deemed as certain as an 89% chance that the SNP will gain the seat.
    Bookies rarely get it wrong, if we get an SNP MP similar to the complete idiot MSP Rob Gibson thne we get we deservce I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I am not big on politics, but I have to say that John Thurso fought my corner on an issue I had with Business Stream that were pursuing me relentlessly for an unreasonable amount of money that I did not owe them, all my efforts to make them see sense failed but a few letters yours truly got them off my back.

Having said that, I had a card from the post office to say that they could not deliver two letters due to unpaid deficient postage. I collected the two letters from the sorting office and paid the £1.54 each because stamped on them was IMPORTANT, the contents was more important to them than it was to me and they were the same letter sent twice with no stamps.
    My thoughts were that this is a party that would aspire to run the country, but cant even get their own basic admin right.
    Me too! I took a problem to John Thurso and he spared no effort to sort it. And I know other folk that he has helped. I will be voting for the man, not the party.

What actually has John Thurso done for the county that you could say has his stamp on it? Nothing really.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    What actually has John Thurso done for the county that you could say has his stamp on it? Nothing really.
    What has the SNP done? They have had 7 years, Oh yes the Trams at cost, people who have right to take over land public money. Stop people who live in Council houses if they wanted to buy, and split the country in half and scotland families. What great job SNP has done so far.

I notice you couldn't answer the question. Stopping people buying council houses is a good thing. Very forward thinking instead of short term political gain. They brought in the A9 speed cameras, it is now a pleasure to drive it. And they've promised to dual it. They've frozen the council tax. They've abolish prescription charges. They've created Creative Scotland. They've put more police on the streets. They've banned irresponsible alcohol offers. Abolished parking charges at NHS hospitals and tolls on bridges. They've raised the age to buy fags to 18. They are building new hospitals and filling them with more doctors and cleaners. Lowered class sizes in primary schools. Building new schools. Free bus travel for older people. I could go on and on...

What has John Thurso ever done for us?

I notice you couldn't answer the question. Stopping people buying council houses is a good thing. Very forward thinking instead of short term political gain. They brought in the A9 speed cameras, it is now a pleasure to drive it. And they've promised to dual it. They've frozen the council tax. They've abolish prescription charges. They've created Creative Scotland. They've put more police on the streets. They've banned irresponsible alcohol offers. Abolished parking charges at NHS hospitals and tolls on bridges. They've raised the age to buy fags to 18. They are building new hospitals and filling them with more doctors and cleaners. Lowered class sizes in primary schools. Building new schools. Free bus travel for older people. I could go on and on...

What has John Thurso ever done for us?
    Yes they have done few but I notice you never mention about the cost of the Tram project. Hospitals, Well I am sure people will have different view to that in Caithness traverling 120 miles every time. Yes many of the things you have mention do not come free someone is paying for it. Council house, so you are saying someone who has made something of their life should not have the right to buy? To your question about John Thurso. I am sure people who have contacted John has seen good results, myself have had really good help from him. Investments to the area John is really knowledgeable which helps to understand business needs and how to attract investment. John was brought up in Caithness Thurso again helps. I hope this has answer your points.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

I notice you couldn't answer the question. Stopping people buying council houses is a good thing. Very forward thinking instead of short term political gain. They brought in the A9 speed cameras, it is now a pleasure to drive it. And they've promised to dual it. They've frozen the council tax. They've abolish prescription charges. They've created Creative Scotland. They've put more police on the streets. They've banned irresponsible alcohol offers. Abolished parking charges at NHS hospitals and tolls on bridges. They've raised the age to buy fags to 18. They are building new hospitals and filling them with more doctors and cleaners. Lowered class sizes in primary schools. Building new schools. Free bus travel for older people. I could go on and on...What has John Thurso ever done for us?
    How about we pick apart those statements a wee bit.

Free prescriptions ....removing money from front line services by allowing those who can easily afford prescriptions pay for the.

Frozen the council tax... Stopping councils raising the funds to do important work hence more problems elsewhere and cut backs.

Banned alcohol offers... Still under legal revue not yet implemented

Class sizes have increased for the fourth year

Police on the street no longer accountable and we've been faced with routinely armed officers and children stopped and searched.

Fags buying well I'm not sure public schoolboys ever actually brought their fags.

But cigarettes is the route the rest of the United Kingdom is going down

A9 speed cameras a sticking plaster to the larger issue of the road should of been prioritised for dual carriage way a long time ago.

Toll charges is just robbing Peter to pay Paul the money still has to come from somewhere and bridges cost money to up keep

Pensioners enjoy free bus passes across the UK

school and health centre builds on hold

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politi...tres.118183220

So what we actually have is a lot of hot air and vote winning freebies but little substance.

We also see the SNP bogged down in a legal battle over alcohol with the EU.
    Contracts for the schools and health centres wrong which shows they can put all the policies they like in place but seem to either run into legal or contractual problems.

Failure after failure after failure to implement their own policies year after year. If it where any other party you'd be screaming utterly incompetent and not fit for purpose.

Let's not mention the Trams Debacle a fine example of SNP largesse and overspend.

I see no issue of allowing People to buy their council houses as long as the money is ploughed back into building new ones, I mean Nicola Sturgeons on parents benefitted from that policy.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 29-Apr-15 at 09:56.

Just a wee note - the SNP tried to stop the Edinburgh tram but were voted down by the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballymore View Post
    Just a wee note - the SNP tried to stop the Edinburgh tram but were voted down by the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour.
    Off course SNP was not at fault

Best thing the SNP has done is working on land reform. Long overdue, too many absent landlords.

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    Best thing the SNP has done is working on land reform. Long overdue, too many absent landlords.
    Yes at Taxpayers money is it good value?

Well for starters, how about rescuing jobs in girnigoe street, government offices which were going to be closed and re located and getting new work re located to JCP Wick where there is a section dealing with asylum seekers benefits processing / migrant benefits etc......what has the buffoons buffoon the glorious Rob Gibson SNP MSP done for us...sweet FA !! A complete non entity.

What's with this John "Thurso" anyway ? He's a Sinclair as was his faither. He's obviously somehow embarrassed about this if he adopts a moniker like that.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Well for starters, how about rescuing jobs in girnigoe street, government offices which were going to be closed and re located and getting new work re located to JCP Wick where there is a section dealing with asylum seekers benefits processing / migrant benefits etc......what has the buffoons buffoon the glorious Rob Gibson SNP MSP done for us...sweet FA !! A complete non entity.
    I have had several issues which I needed to contact my MP and MSP about. John Thurso was very prompt in replying and very helpful. My response from Rob Gibson - absolutely hee-haw.

Well I had cause to contact Rob Gibson recently and I had a very prompt reply like the same day.

Well I had cause to contact Rob Gibson recently and I had a very prompt reply like the same day.
    Thats because he has he haw to do...got to fill his time some how

Quote Originally Posted by willie-eckerslike View Post
    What's with this John "Thurso" anyway ? He's a Sinclair as was his faither. He's obviously somehow embarrassed about this if he adopts a moniker like that.
    Ok, how about he calls himsel Jock SInclair fae Thirsa, so what

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast