Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Clegg battlebus heads for John O'Groats!

Default Clegg battlebus heads for John O'Groats!

Nick Clegg is heading to John O'Groats. Hope he's not wanting an ice cream!

In this weather?

No.

Must dust off that loud hailer!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Must dust off that loud hailer!
    Any one who believes in party who will spend spend spend which SNP keeps banging on, then sit back and see the country bust bust bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Any one who believes in party who will spend spend spend which SNP keeps banging on, then sit back and see the country bust bust bust.
    It's OK. The conservatives aren't going to spend at all. Quite the opposite. Marvelous

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...MCNEWEML6619I2

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy View Post
    It's OK. The conservatives aren't going to spend at all. Quite the opposite. Marvelous

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...MCNEWEML6619I2
    Yes it is called living with in your means, bit like buying presents for your children at Christmas splashing out and then Jan comes along big bills arrives at door step reality hits hard.

Savage cuts to the most vulnerable in our society and you're talking about splashing out and Christmas presents for children?
    Sadly, these people (yes, real people) will be choosing whether to heat their homes, adequately dress their children or eat properly. These conveniently named "austerity cuts" don't wash with me I am afraid.
    I am neither reliant on benefits (never have been) nor disabled. Apart from child benefit, I claim nothing from the state, not even tax credits. It is unlikely that I will be unemployed in my lifetime. These measures affect neither me nor my immediate family, yet they hurt me more than you could possibly imagine. I will never vote for that, and thankfully (if the polls are right) neither will my fellow (Scottish) electorate.

You are right yummymummy - although I hope that the fact that there is a large number of SNP MPs in Westminster challenges these awful policies and ideologies so that the UK parliament cant implement them in the whole of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy View Post
    Savage cuts to the most vulnerable in our society and you're talking about splashing out and Christmas presents for children?
    Sadly, these people (yes, real people) will be choosing whether to heat their homes, adequately dress their children or eat properly. These conveniently named "austerity cuts" don't wash with me I am afraid.
    I am neither reliant on benefits (never have been) nor disabled. Apart from child benefit, I claim nothing from the state, not even tax credits. It is unlikely that I will be unemployed in my lifetime. These measures affect neither me nor my immediate family, yet they hurt me more than you could possibly imagine. I will never vote for that, and thankfully (if the polls are right) neither will my fellow (Scottish) electorate.
    What a refreshing post compared to the usual...

"Me, Me, What's in it for me, that's all I care about" posts
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    What a refreshing post compared to the usual...

"Me, Me, What's in it for me, that's all I care about" posts
    We will wait and see if SNP really will do any better they have had 7 years and nothing yet to deal with the problems mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    We will wait and see if SNP really will do any better they have had 7 years and nothing yet to deal with the problems mentioned.
    Wasn't talking about the SNP, was talking about the electorate...
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."