Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Real Face of The SNP

OOhhhhh you mean me?

Well Better Together Its never been any secret that I held meetings for Women for Independence|Independence for Women. I think i posted that I was doing so on this actual board! Im very happy for people to know that i have and continue to be involved in that organisation. Which incidentally is cross party including SNP, SSP, Green and people who are not members of a political party. Im currently working on issues arounbd women in the Justice System and a review of the sanctions regime.

Of course as I am sure you know WFI isnt a "political party". I have never hosted a meeting for a political party. As a member of the SNP I do absolutely have a vested interest in seeing the SNP elected to as many seats as possible. Is that a surprise too? Is there really anyone here who doesnt know that I support the SNP? I am however not standing as a candidate, dont hold any office, am not an election agent or a polling agent, not paid for anything I do and therefore not sure what more of a vested interest I have than any other voter or party member of any political party that would mean i should announce my name to the world. Am I a "political activist"? Absolutely I am. I have done a few street stalls here and delivered a few leaflets and knocked on a few doors. Nowhere near as much as i would have liked to do though. Is that a bad thing?

And whilst we are on the subject lets talk about having a user name. Squidge has been my user name on this board and in other places for years. I have never changed it nor posted with another identity probably not like you. There are hundreds of people that i know and who know me and have met me so you arent alone. I choose to have a user name for a whole range of reasons. If there is anyone wants to know my name and who I am then they can send me a pm and introduce themselves. But you know what? No one is that interested because although YOU seem to think i am particularly important - noone else does and I certainly dont. Of course as you "have met me on a number of occasions " then you have me at a disadvantage because I dont know who you are. You dont seem to be for telling either. So who's hiding then Better Together?

Edit - and you know what... there is something a bit creepy about peoples insisting that any of us who dont use our real names should "identify ourselves". Especially for women, as it is often something which we do to keep ourselves safe online. Perhaps thats your reason too Better Together - keeping yourself safe on line or perhaps there are other reasons for you - whatever they may be you are perfectly entitled to keep your own identity under wraps - even whilst demanding i do otherwise. Also if you have met me why on earth didn't you introduce yourself as Better Together? That's a bit strange
    Last edited by squidge; 07-May-15 at 13:03.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234