Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: The Real Face of The SNP

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    governess
    Posts
    5,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    There is a lunatic fringe to all our parties but I would never suggest that people supporting these political parties are the same as the thugs that behaved this way and it seemed that was what you were doing....

    .theres no respite is there, so Im a thug am I, all 5 foot 6 and a quarter of me, I dont hide behind a blog name either, and am no thug, your proving that you filter out the "unwanted" stories eh. if you want to know about me look me up on google ( under servgroup alness amongst others ) and linkedin, ( of courses it will all be propoganda and lies eh ! ) how am I to know who your networked into, Ive only got your word that your networked into cross party serious people, for all I know they could be nutters, afterall "Im a thug" am I not ? Oh have you seen the front page of The Herald today...more "lies".... Id bet would be your take on it.
    Jeez Rob - you dont give up. I do not think you are a thug! I know you use your own name and I dont. I have reasons for that which are perfectly normal and proper but my identity is not a secret and I am happy to share it with anyone who wants to know and sends me a PM. Many of the people posting here know exactly who I am and even Golach has met the real me! If you ever cleared out your inbox you would know my name too as I have been trying to send you a pm all day! I know who you are too Rob,we have actually met a few times many years ago and I thought you were a nice chatty sort of guy. Thats how i know that you know WAY more than me about energy and renewables and why eventually when you have stopped being so argumentative and I have time I would like to hear what you have to say.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Jeez Rob - you dont give up. I do not think you are a thug! I know you use your own name and I dont. I have reasons for that which are perfectly normal and proper but my identity is not a secret and I am happy to share it with anyone who wants to know and sends me a PM. Many of the people posting here know exactly who I am and even Golach has met the real me! If you ever cleared out your inbox you would know my name too as I have been trying to send you a pm all day! I know who you are too Rob,we have actually met a few times many years ago and I thought you were a nice chatty sort of guy. Thats how i know that you know WAY more than me about energy and renewables and why eventually when you have stopped being so argumentative and I have time I would like to hear what you have to say.
    Squidge, I cant access my inbox, comes up with an error message, will keep trying though, I still am, usually, a nice chatty guy,I have to be in business yer bust if your arguementative lol lol its just that politics makes my blood boil lol lol makes me arguementative, suppose thats the nature of the beast, one of my best pals is a life long SNP party member and is an oil economist but as an economist Im afraid he see's big holes all over the joint. He is being shunned by the party as he is off message.....the guy is very well educated ( 2 degrees ) and has no ego, the type of bloke who gets dumped on but gets on with things. I listen to him as he is a voice of reason and he has been in despair. Youve got me wondering now on your real identity...yer not by any chance Beyonce ? ( met her a couple o times lol lol lol ).......Renewables again my mate and another Thurso based friend keep me updated on all issues, need to stick close for business reasons, thats why its disappointing nothing really has happened, that and the lack of jobs created.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    governess
    Posts
    5,254

    Default

    Beyonce??? Hmm I wish. Economics is a complex area and there are as many people who say one thing as another. As a lay person it is often very difficult to make sense out of the stuff you read and hear. I would be interested to talk to your friend about his views. Its interesting to say that your friend has been dumped cos he is off message. Jim and Margaret Cuthbert make similar allegations as they supported Scottish Independence. It makes it really difficult to decide what makes sense and what doesnt but like i say After the election for me Im afraid. Other issues are more important.

    It now appears that at least one or possibly two of the people taking part in the events yesterday were members of the SNP. Only one has been named. The SNP has acted straight away to withdraw their membership which is as it should be. This Scottish Resistance group is run by idiots for idiots and Im glad they are no longer part of the party.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Beyonce??? Hmm I wish. Economics is a complex area and there are as many people who say one thing as another. As a lay person it is often very difficult to make sense out of the stuff you read and hear. I would be interested to talk to your friend about his views. Its interesting to say that your friend has been dumped cos he is off message. Jim and Margaret Cuthbert make similar allegations as they supported Scottish Independence. It makes it really difficult to decide what makes sense and what doesnt but like i say After the election for me Im afraid. Other issues are more important.

    It now appears that at least one or possibly two of the people taking part in the events yesterday were members of the SNP. Only one has been named. The SNP has acted straight away to withdraw their membership which is as it should be. This Scottish Resistance group is run by idiots for idiots and Im glad they are no longer part of the party.
    My mate had the temerity to challenge austerity figures / factoring in oil depression and recovery times / times involved in bringing new fields on stream and the appetite and costs in doing so, basically they are all over inflated, his brothers have high oil jobs in ABerdeen as well, so he has both anecdotal and imperical data. Economics is sometimes called the dark arts but you can cut through the rocket science, as its a social science that attempts to predict what people make and consume within money systems thats it. Major differences lie in how the system is regulated or not as the case maybe. All parties have nutter fringes, labour was nearly destroyed in the early to mid 80's by militant, the birth of New Labour was not Blair it stems from Kinnock kicking militant out of Labour. Rememebr the famous speech....".the groteque spectacle of a Labour..yes a labour council ( Liverpool / Red Hatton ) hiring taxis to deliver redundancy notices to its own workers.....

  5. #45

    Default

    Must be good to be in a position where if there is anything bad about your party or it's supporters, you can just deny it regardless of evidence and that's the end of it.Like one of her members using sectarian language and denying it a) was sectarian and b) relevant since it was said in the past.Like supporters aggressively verbally abusing Labour party members, members with clear SNP paraphernalia on their clothing, denied by Sturgeon as being SNP supporters.I utterly hate what they've done to this country.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,203

    Default

    All named and shamed here and displaying snp colours
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2...tland-32595499
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    The guys that are mentioned as the nutters that took part in the Glasgow nonsense used false names to joint all the political parties, funny that we have "Jim the Jester "shouted out "it's the SNP at it again" before he knew their names. We've been here before with Jim and the Eggs fiasco ,when Jims ESP allowed him to duck from a egg that was thrown from behind. He's a out an out liar and one of the most evil mouthed men in politics.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    The guys that are mentioned as the nutters that took part in the Glasgow nonsense used false names to joint all the political parties, funny that we have "Jim the Jester "shouted out "it's the SNP at it again" before he knew their names. We've been here before with Jim and the Eggs fiasco ,when Jims ESP allowed him to duck from a egg that was thrown from behind. He's a out an out liar and one of the most evil mouthed men in politics.
    And you know JM ? Enough to know without a shadow of doubt that he is an evil mouthed man ? Sounded fine and reasonable on TV debates...I take it you watched them...you must rate UKIP above poor Jim....

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser_soze View Post
    Must be good to be in a position where if there is anything bad about your party or it's supporters, you can just deny it regardless of evidence and that's the end of it.Like one of her members using sectarian language and denying it a) was sectarian and b) relevant since it was said in the past.Like supporters aggressively verbally abusing Labour party members, members with clear SNP paraphernalia on their clothing, denied by Sturgeon as being SNP supporters.I utterly hate what they've done to this country.
    There can be no denial that Scotland is a divided country post referendum and will be after Friday, most people have stories / anecdotes on troubles between "so called" SNP / Labour extremists, this isnt going to go away and we face being a divided nation, Jim Murphys reasonable request for a referendum moratoriam for 5 years, let things settle, is a good shout, but evidence suggests that Sturgeon and Alexi arenae gonna let it go...they'll get their way and to hell with the consequences.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,534

    Default

    I had a quick scan through the James Scott, Scottish Patriots Blogspot site.

    There isn't actually a lot to see there unless you are a fan of hanging onto the injustice of William Wallace's murder in 1305, or remembering the Brave Scots slaughtered at Culloden.

    Talk about not moving on in life.

    I find it a bit sad, this notion of Scottish Resistance so many years on and I find the man a sad and deluded individual.

    You can be a proud Scot without wanting to dig up some English King, several hundred years on, and defecating down his neck.

    Why can't these people just sit at home and watch their Braveheart video over and over, with a box of kleenex to hand to mop up whichever emotional outpouring erupts first?

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    governess
    Posts
    5,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    There can be no denial that Scotland is a divided country post referendum and will be after Friday, most people have stories / anecdotes on troubles between "so called" SNP / Labour extremists, this isnt going to go away and we face being a divided nation, Jim Murphys reasonable request for a referendum moratoriam for 5 years, let things settle, is a good shout, but evidence suggests that Sturgeon and Alexi arenae gonna let it go...they'll get their way and to hell with the consequences.
    I think Scotland seems very divided if you spend your time on social media. However look to this conversation, are we really personally divided?

    How many of you have stopped being friends with someone because they voted YES or NO? How many of you have stopped loving someone because the are a labour/SNP supporter. There are arguments, disagreements, but have politics really affects your relationships with your friends, family and neighbours or workmates? I doubt it. Places like this allow us to say things without consideration for other people, because we really don't know each other the normal rules of relationships don't exist.

    Families and friends aren't splitting because of political disagreements. Scotland isn't a divisive place to live because we disagree on who should represent us. If you have decided that you can't be friends with someone because they support an independent Scotland or because they are a Tory or because they will vote labour or lib dem then that says more about you than it does about Scotland!

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    I think Scotland seems very divided if you spend your time on social media. However look to this conversation, are we really personally divided?

    How many of you have stopped being friends with someone because they voted YES or NO? How many of you have stopped loving someone because the are a labour/SNP supporter. There are arguments, disagreements, but have politics really affects your relationships with your friends, family and neighbours or workmates? I doubt it. Places like this allow us to say things without consideration for other people, because we really don't know each other the normal rules of relationships don't exist.

    Families and friends aren't splitting because of political disagreements. Scotland isn't a divisive place to live because we disagree on who should represent us. If you have decided that you can't be friends with someone because they support an independent Scotland or because they are a Tory or because they will vote labour or lib dem then that says more about you than it does about Scotland!
    Well thats your take on it, I obviously differ, why resort to more personal opinionated stuff on me ie "that says more about you than it does about Scotland" ! does it indeed, its not just me who holds this opinion better educated poeple tha me have depicted a sea change, I stand by every word...Labour / SNP hate each other politically for historic reasons and there is personal animosity kicking about post referedum that wasnt there before. Keep trying to have the last word on things, trying to bore me off the forum, wear me down with your opinions ! You asked for an apology as regards a post I made, I was man enough to reconsider what I wrote and thought that I was being to generic / homogenous with my posting, so I apologised....I now await your apology. WHere I do agree with you is the use of social media which encourages people to hide behind by names and not always, but sometimes...spout of vicous ill informed garbage which they wouldnt have the guts to do in the real world. My inbox is now working and is empty so feel free to PM me I await with great anticipation !
    Last edited by rob murray; 06-May-15 at 09:12.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    governess
    Posts
    5,254

    Default

    Rob, The whole post was a generic one addressing the points that you raised and I'm sorry if you felt it was an insult slur or dig at you. I thought the question "how many of you" which I started the post would have made it clear that I had opened the discussion out. You have said several times that labour/SNP hate each other. I'm sorry if this disappoints you but I don't hate labour. I'm disappointed in them, frustrated by them, angered by them but I don't hate them or you. I'm not even trying to have the last word Rob, just joining in the conversation although you doing the shouty thing every time I say anything is a bit exhausting. Still tomorrow it will all be over eh

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Rob, The whole post was a generic one addressing the points that you raised and I'm sorry if you felt it was an insult slur or dig at you. I thought the question "how many of you" which I started the post would have made it clear that I had opened the discussion out. You have said several times that labour/SNP hate each other. I'm sorry if this disappoints you but I don't hate labour. I'm disappointed in them, frustrated by them, angered by them but I don't hate them or you. I'm not even trying to have the last word Rob, just joining in the conversation although you doing the shouty thing every time I say anything is a bit exhausting. Still tomorrow it will all be over eh
    Squidge...accepted...tomorrow the vote closes...on Friday the fun begings eh !

  15. #55

    Default

    Phew, glad to read that you too have settled it!
    I agree with Squidge and also, that we have to all work together, both nationally within these isles and internationally, whatever government is formed post Thursday. There are far too many problems facing this old planet and humanity to do otherwise, some man-made and others not and at the bottom of it all, I am optimistic that everyone does know this (apart from a minority of eejits who exist everywhere) and wants the best for the next generation. That is what I think, at least and also, that we should never forget how fortunate we are to live in a country where we can debate and squabble freely and have our
    right to do so enshrined in law. It could be so much worse and in most places, it is!

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Phew, glad to read that you too have settled it!
    I agree with Squidge and also, that we have to all work together, both nationally within these isles and internationally, whatever government is formed post Thursday. There are far too many problems facing this old planet and humanity to do otherwise, some man-made and others not and at the bottom of it all, I am optimistic that everyone does know this (apart from a minority of eejits who exist everywhere) and wants the best for the next generation. That is what I think, at least and also, that we should never forget how fortunate we are to live in a country where we can debate and squabble freely and have our
    right to do so enshrined in law. It could be so much worse and in most places, it is!
    Agreed, thanks

  17. #57

    Default

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-ruckus.html.
    OK - I ken its the Daily Mail but it looks awfy like Nicola tells lees when it suits her

  18. #58
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Setting the usual org bickering aside which does nothing for healthy debate of the issues that matter but seems to be systemically designed just to agitate posters who dare raise their head to discuss anything other than official SNP party line.

    Personally I'd like to see anyone who has a vested interest in working for any political party or regularly holds meetings on behalf of political parties made to identify themselves as such instead of this hiding behind anonymity. Activists and trolls are the bane of political discussion online.

    It would appear the usual SNP tactics are at play, first deny the people are anything to do with them, then feign shock and disdain followed by ( note ) suspension from the party.

    Now if Nicola Sturgeon was truly serious about this type of behaviour being unacceptable they would simple eject them from the party and be done with it.

    Instead all we see is the typical suspension, same as the smith commission burners last year, who then get rapidly reinstated shortly after.

    Now it's very easy to level accusations at the fringe and play the he said she said they are no better game, but what I do not see is the SNP setting an example of how to behave.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 06-May-15 at 16:16.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    governess
    Posts
    5,254

    Wink

    Gosh? Who here has a vested interest in working on behalf of a political party and who is holding regular meetings on behalf of a political party? What does a "vested interest" actually mean?

    Have you asked these people who they are? introduced yourself? Been polite? Perhaps if you introduce yourself they will do likewise? Be sure to let us all know

  20. #60
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    A brief response would be something along the lines of.

    For instance let's just say if you'd been chairing a meeting in Thurso for the yes campaign last year and had been regularly holding meetings all through the referendum campaign .

    Then that would make you above the average lay person and someone who would by any normal person to be a political activist and someone would with a vested interest.

    No doubt there will be the usual denials and obfuscation and attempts to muddy the water but someone who did hold meetings would not be considered just a normal voter.

    I would also like to add I've met you on a number of occasions and should be amazed if you'd denied that you're a political activist that would be akin to Bruce Wayne denying he's batman.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 07-May-15 at 09:24.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •