Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: What should happen

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Public Apology

8 15.09%
  • Resignation

4 7.55%
  • No action

41 77.36%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inflamatory community council remarks

Quote Originally Posted by crichton View Post
    Wow, am stunned by this thread.
    Which part are you most stunned by, to have a fair view of many opinions and get a debate going you may have to broaden your comment. I don't think anyone is right or wrong, but it is good to share feelings so that we may all be more tolerant towards each other.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Which part are you most stunned by, to have a fair view of many opinions and get a debate going you may have to broaden your comment. I don't think anyone is right or wrong, but it is good to share feelings so that we may all be more tolerant towards each other.
    I'd agree with you Kevin open discussion and debate of issues is what this forum should be about. I do enjoy stimulating debate.

I personally think the insulting part came when the councillors linked incomers to crime, thereby smearing a whole section of the community without any thought .
    On its own incomer is neither here nor there, linked to an open accusation of incomers and crime increase it becomes very insulting.
    The article also mentioned social housing, if correct that the councillors linked incomers crime and social housing in one sentence then effectively they are stigmatising one section of the community.
    That shows a worryingly bigoted view.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 26-Apr-15 at 08:13.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I'd agree with you Kevin open discussion and debate of issues is what this forum should be about. I do enjoy stimulating debate.

I personally think the insulting part came when the councillors linked incomers to crime, thereby smearing a whole section of the community without any thought .
    On its own incomer is neither here nor there, linked to an open accusation of incomers and crime increase it becomes very insulting.
    The article also mentioned social housing, if correct that the councillors linked incomers crime and social housing in one sentence then effectively they are stigmatising one section of the community.
    I don't disagree with any of the above.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I too am an 'Incomer', and use this to great effect when engaging in banter with the unsophisticated local savages, what!

I'm sure my unsophisticated local savage friends would be ashamed to be represented by that community council, btw.

We are ALL incomers.

Luv

Janey

Sorry Pete I couldn't help notice that you referred to some members on this forum in derogatory terms yourself. How do you rationalise your comments with your criticism of Wick Community Council?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I think so long as you are not coloured you get away with it :-)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Sorry Pete I couldn't help notice that you referred to some members on this forum in derogatory terms yourself. How do you rationalise your comments with your criticism of Wick Community Council?
    Well for starters my names not Pete but you should remember we use anonymous names for a reason so I'd appreaciate you not using first names even if they are wrong makes me feel you have that creepy stalker vibe going on !

Secondly I'm not a member of a community council so not accountable and therefor not held to a higher standard.

But when it's comes to you I have l'oreal moments I'm afraid.

Because you're worth it
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 26-Apr-15 at 16:44.

Of course the number of reported crimes has gone up as the number of incomers has risen.
    There is more population, more people with enough bottle to report crimes, and more people expecting the law, and enforcement of, to apply to everyone.

Well for starters my names not Pete but you should remember we use anonymous names for a reason so I'd appreaciate you not using first names even if they are wrong makes me feel you have that creepy stalker vibe going on !

Secondly I'm not a member of a community council so not accountable and therefor not held to a higher standard.

But when it's comes to you I have l'oreal moments I'm afraid.

Because you're worth it
    Well Pete it was a predictive text error, but it may prove more predictive than predicted!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Well Pete it was a predictive text error, but it may prove more predictive than predicted!
    I bet you say that to all the boys !

At 81% saying no action it is what it is-Nothing!!!!
    The world is a system its only how you work the sytem that counts...............

Would the 81% be locals or Incomers

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Would the 81% be locals or Incomers
    Probably Local Incomers!!!
    The world is a system its only how you work the sytem that counts...............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12