Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 times drunk driver , lenient conviction

Last edited by Incomer796/class4; 24-Apr-15 at 10:12.

.................................................. ..
    Last edited by Incomer796/class4; 24-Apr-15 at 10:11.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by Incomer796/class4 View Post
    What are you? A politically correct self appointed Policeman?
    If the gentleman in question was still a member of the armed forces he would of been disciplined for bringing the service into disrepute and probably stripped down a rank or two if he possessed such a thing .
    Nothing politically correct about that.
    From your posts you seem to be somewhat unable to accept the rule of law and living in a peaceable society.

.................................................. ....

.................................................. ....

Quote Originally Posted by Incomer796/class4 View Post
    I have tried (so many) times to say it as it on here but I keep getting banned...............................
    i wish you well in your new found guise, it might be short lived, but better to burn out etc etc

.................................................. ..........
    Last edited by Incomer796/class4; 24-Apr-15 at 10:10.

.................................................. .....................

4;1116783]It's never good when you lose a loved one, I can empathize with you on that one. The guy in question here, however, did not kill your wife and son. He didn't even drive the car onto a main road. He was sitting in the car with the engine running.<br>
    <br>
    He "could" have wiped out an entire flock of school children, who were standing in the middle of the road, in the middle of the night but he didn't.<br>
    <br>
    Quite a few of my family were wiped out in WW2..... do I tar every German person as a potential killer? No. "he was a German and he "could" of potentially dropped a bomb on my house"..... erm, yes..... I could "potentially" mow a flock of sheep down if I happen to be tuning the radio in the car and I could "potentially" crash into another car at some point in my driving career.... maybe I should be jailed because I am a potential traffic accident waiting to happen?<br>
    <br>
    This "he could have potentially killed an entire village" mentality is what is wrong with this country...... Way too much misinformation from the media and a, seemingly. witch hunt mentality (a pack mentality even) from misinformed people who think that an armed robber / rapist / murderer is more honourable than a motorist with a few (tolerable) pints inside him.<br>
    <br>
    This country has gone mad. Whine whine whine whine...... moan and groan.... a bunch of lily livered cowards who would soon crap their pants if they had to fight in a trench for their freedom.[/QUOTE]<br><br><br>

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    You make good points, however facts are:-

5 times over limit
    In a car with engine running, probably not for the heater or tuning the radio.
    Not for the first time he has been done for this offence, he is a known DUI offender. As indeed he was this time.
    He was arrested in the car with engine running,after he had driven it.

He has drink problem that needs help and treatment , probably not going to happen as it was not enforced. He needs help end of. I am not an idiot, he did not kill my family.I don't blame him for it, and he should not pay for who did. He should however pay for what he did. I am sure he is a fine guy, I don't doubt that. Prisons are full of them. What lesson did he really learn? , he has not when he has been done before, over the limit usually means you lose your car, nope that was given back. I have read about him being in the SAS or special forces, not I believe true. He is retired from the armed forces I gather and no doubts served his country well. In point of fact I understand possibly better than you about life in what you refer to as the trenches and served with people who were in the front line during the Gulf. All those I knew and know would not condone at any level this behaviour and I would not call them " A bunch of lily livered cowards". With a comment like that I obviously expect you to have served in the front line as well , well I hope anyway.

As you say:-

"if I happen to be tuning the radio in the car and I could "potentially" crash into another car at some point in my driving career.... maybe I should be jailed because I am a potential traffic accident waiting to happen"

DAMN RIGHT YOU SHOULD , if you are 5 times over the limit when you are tuning your Radio.

My circumstances it can be argued don't have anything to do with Mr Moreland and I would agree. What you fail to see in your "flock of sheep " rant is that this is against the law , wrong, irresponsible and ask Mr Moreland in the light of day and he will probably agree. Sometimes the drunk will kill sometimes he wont , if he does he has destroyed his life as well. It weakens the law and its position and you are naïve indeed if you don't think others will see this and think , "No problem , they are light around here, , S**T lets have another". Go and read the papers look at the&nbsp; websites about&nbsp; drink driving .

As for "Tolerable" with the drink drive, sure lets stop the one law for all thing. Dumb idea , oh and take a look at to drink drive death stats sometime. Practice makes perfect, does this not indicate that Mr Moreland is a serious drinker ? you really think this is the second time he has been DUI, he has just been caught twice that's all. Sorry to hear about the WW2 thing, really am. No every German is not a murdering psycho even the ones who dropped bombs probably did that under orders as did we. Not sure how this reinforced your argument. Good emotive imagery though 10/10 for that .As you are on it, bombs were dropped millions were killed both sides , war is one thing, orders given, ways of life defended, thousands of servicemen and women&nbsp;sacrificed their lives to give you yours. Seriously you want to compare all that to a drunk in a car. He was in the car drunk , he had driven drunk and was sitting in a loaded gun. Its that simple. I feel no animosity to Mr Moreland at all , Gent though he may be ,he needs help, if you are prepared to defend him, then fine you would be better directed in helping him out. I hope you will not be alone. I stand by my opinion, he should have received a heavier sentence be that Jail / loss of car /the max fine/ absolutely he should have had a compulsory attendance order at a DUI facility / counselling. Not £1k that's a joke and probably easily afforded. Something that would have made him think twice. He is an engineer according to the JOGJ, ex serviceman, yep he should have known better, and really the base of your arguments seems to be that he did not mow down scores of people, sure pleased for that. As a last thought and to follow your analogy on , how happy would you be to walk down Thurso High street with a man 5 times over the legal limit walking around carrying a loaded gun with a disengaged safety, would you be happy ? would you run? would you call the police? , would you say no problem he is a nice guy I am sure he will not kill anyone. Or would you want to see him prosecuted for breaking the law of the land in the same way you would be. You can "what if" , and "what about" in comparisons all week long. If he is a good man one with a conscience then his life will be destroyed almost to the same degree as his victims family , IF next time he is "unlucky" , with his particular "loaded gun". However if what you need to see before you condemn a DUI case is actual carnage caused because of it ? , man , well you are "hard core". Do me, Thurso . and your Mate a favour, help him.
    Last edited by pparker; 24-Apr-15 at 07:35.

pparker -don't feed the troll, he would appear to be well known for this behaviour on these boards and clearly has been banned before.

There is no reasoning with trolls. I know as I have fallen into the 'feeding' trap before.

Quote Originally Posted by PantsMAN View Post
    pparker -don't feed the troll, he would appear to be well known for this behaviour on these boards and clearly has been banned before.

There is no reasoning with trolls. I know as I have fallen into the 'feeding' trap before.
    Hi Pantsman , thanks for that you are right, it is an easy trap, very good advice its appreciated . Thanks PP

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    why can't Doanalsin report like this ?
    He tries to stick to something like the truth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12