Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Public (IN) Conveniences?

Default Public (IN) Conveniences?

I noticed whilst passing through Halkirk today that the public loos are still locked up.

Usually opened for Easter weekend for the summer season.

Does anyone know why they are still closed?

Watten and Castletown are seasonal too. Are they open this year?

I did enquire of the council call centre but the girl there did not know what the situation was.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Poppett, I often wonder if the failure of public toilets to be open is down to a man being in charge of that particular department? A controversial thought I know. Us girls need our public toilets to be open all year round not just in the summer. It's alright for the men, they can go behind a bush!......but us girls?

They are advertising for a cleaner for Halkirk toilets and eaten ones are open
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by janeyj View Post
    Poppett, I often wonder if the failure of public toilets to be open is down to a man being in charge of that particular department? A controversial thought I know. Us girls need our public toilets to be open all year round not just in the summer. It's alright for the men, they can go behind a bush!......but us girls?
    You girls can go behind a bush as well... If you don't want to squat the get yourself a Shewee.

That is beside the point though, a bush can be used but technically that is illegal, therefor it should be a legal requirement to have public toilets that are free & open 365 days a year, the need to go does not disapear over the winter months.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Well said, Alrock.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    You girls can go behind a bush as well... If you don't want to squat the get yourself a Shewee.

That is beside the point though, a bush can be used but technically that is illegal, therefor it should be a legal requirement to have public toilets that are free & open 365 days a year, the need to go does not disapear over the winter months.
    Things could be worse.

http://metro.co.uk/2011/02/04/malawi...ulence-636647/

They're supposed to be open from beginning April to end September - organised by the Council. Due to budget cuts they would like local communities to look after them - don't all volunteer at once.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

you can get a Key as i have lol for all council toilets across the country all the same lock

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    you can get a Key as i have lol for all council toilets across the country all the same lock
    How?......
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

That would be RADAR scheme keys meant for disabled people, but the keys can be bought on the internet quite cheaply.

The problem is that although the key gives access to disabled facilities, sometimes these are behind shutters ( southbound at Kessock bridge ) or gates (northbound at Daviot).