Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sturgeon : Leaked doc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sturgeon : Leaked doc

Re the leaked memo / Sturgeons love in with Cameron and dishing Millaband

"Nicola Sturgeon memo claiming she would prefer David Cameron in power was written in Scotland Office

Alistair Carmichael, the Scottish Secretary, confirms controversial leaked document originated north of the border" : so its from Scotland then and not an english tory propoganda tactic !!

100% denied by Sturgeon at week end, dirty tricks etc etc, BUT the memo came from Scotland and was leaked to the Telgraph oh the tories bible....I believed her....but there was no mention of where the memo came form, alluded to France / frecnhc connections / lost in translation etc...lies lies lies : tartan tory through and through

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    100% denied by Sturgeon at week end, dirty tricks etc etc, BUT the memo came from Scotland and was leaked to the Telgraph oh the tories bible....I believed her....but there was no mention of where the memo came form, alluded to France / frecnhc connections / lost in translation etc...lies lies lies : tartan tory through and through
    Is this from the same people who said what ever the out come yes or no that is it?

OK, I'll nibble. Alistair Carmichael confirmed that the memo originated from the Scotland Office, not north of the border as you claim. They have two offices, one in Edinburgh, the other in London.

Scotland Office: Edinburgh

1 Melville Crescent
    Edinburgh
    EH3 7HW

Telephone 0131 244 9010

Scotland Office: London

Dover House
    Whitehall
    London
    SW1A 2AU
    Last edited by Rheghead; 06-Apr-15 at 18:50.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    OK, I'll nibble. Alistair Carmichael confirmed that the memo originated from the Scotland Office, not north of the border as you claim. They have two offices, one in Edinburgh, the other in London.

Scotland Office: Edinburgh

1 Melville Crescent
    Edinburgh
    EH3 7HW

Telephone 0131 244 9010

Scotland Office: London

Dover House
    Whitehall
    London
    SW1A 2AU
    Rheg you forgot the main Scottish Office

St. Andrew's House
    Regent Road
    Edinburgh
    EH1 3DG

and
    Victoria Quay
    Edinburgh
    EH6 6QQ
    Last edited by golach; 06-Apr-15 at 19:22.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Rheg you forgot the main Scottish Office

St. Andrew's House
    Regent Road
    Edinburgh
    EH1 3DG
    No, golach. St Andrew's House was not involved with the memo as it is where the Scottish Government has its HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Is this from the same people who said what ever the out come yes or no that is it?
    Yes....and we all know that they mean NO, they ( SNP ) dont accept the democratic wishes of the 55% who voted to stay within the UK, still covertly carping and plotting away even though they got the finances needed for an independant Scotland so totally wrong...why dont people see this absolute fact !!!!!. I hope whoever gets in in May scraps the barnet formula and forces the SNP majority to implement and manage all finances / manage taxation in Scotland pay for everything ourselves including contributions to defence and foreign policy.....every sane commentator knows that we would be staring at a big black hole right in front of us. Thats one good reason why Sturgeon will need to be pals with Cameron...stop any full devo of financial powers / retain Barnet formula and in a hung parly, the SNP will support the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Yes....and we all know that they mean NO, they ( SNP ) dont accept the democratic wishes of the 55% who voted to stay within the UK..
    Here is a question for you, would Labour just pack up and go home if the tories won the next general election? The obvious answer to that is No, so that is them not accepting the democratic wishes of the country as well. In the words of Bob the Bruce, try try try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Here is a question for you, would Labour just pack up and go home if the tories won the next general election? The obvious answer to that is No, so that is them not accepting the democratic wishes of the country as well. In the words of Bob the Bruce, try try try again.
    Same equally appies to any party who face a white wash at the elections...dont get your point whats so ever ! If Labour lose a ton of scottish seats or indeed the election then they carry on same as every other party that doesnt gain power so what thats to do with not accepting democratic wishes of the country is quite beyond me : you lose thats it ! Fact 55% voted no at the referendum, SNP accepted this and changed strategy ( apperently ) to back off another referendum,in the short term anyway, latest SNP defector is in papers today saying that the SNP "secretly" want tories in, ie for their own political good, not because its best for Scotland. Duplicous liars who obviously have fooled a substantial amount of the electorate. This mess will get scary in years to come ! Ram it !