Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: SNP MP's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It is an accepted fact that per. capita. we pay more into the coffers than what is given back in the Barnett formula, and this has been the case for the last 34 yrs repetively.

Partisan opinions are very interesting, but only to others who hold the same partisan opinions.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

The issue I have mainly is this issue on the one hand we have the End Austerity speeches coming from the SNP all well and good if on the other hand we didn't have the constant harping on about the amount of debt. Then on the other spend spend spend . You can't reconcile the two more and more spending without piling on more debt which means the end result is more draconian cuts further down the line.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 06-Apr-15 at 13:28.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    The issue I have mainly is this issue on the one hand we have the End Austerity speeches coming from the SNP all well and good if on the other hand we didn't have the constant harping on about the amount of debt. Then on the other spend spend spend . You can't reconcile the two more and more spending without piling on more debt which means the end result is more draconian cuts further down the line.
    Spend a penny to earn a pound? Many industries are on their way out because they don't have the initial hurdle of investment to get going. New nuclear and HS2 are cases where the Government are actually taking a stance. But there are other industries, especially the renewable industry where real investment is seriously lacking. If that investment is directed into a nationalised industry on the scale of USA's New Deal or NASA then that infrastructure could reap longterm benefits for the future as well as short term jobs over the next 10 years. All them workers will pay tax and that money could go back into reinvesting into the country. What we have now is the tory policy of 'scrimp and save' on a massive scale and the economy is suffering because there is no money..
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I saw this on facebook and agree with it.

The Left are Patriots because they want British institutions to remain in the hands of the British taxpayers who paid for them.
    The Right are Traitors because they want to take British institutions out of British hands, and sell them off to foreign multi-nationals.

https://cablestreetbulldog.wordpress...-are-traitors/
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.