Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Phone Calls

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

Question Phone Calls

I was wondering if anyone could answer my question. International calls that are routed through the UK, does the receiver of these calls (in this instance being a mobile, O2 network) have to pay for these calls as well? This is part of a legal issue just now as solicitors are involved, so good sound advice would be very much appreciated. Want to know more before I go shooting my mouth off!

Yes the person in the uk pays only the standard charge to call the network in question.
    The reciever pays the rest of the international charge .
    www.o2.co.uk look under traveling abroad.
    I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. Well thats what i told them while drunk and disorderly.

when i was away and received a call to my mobile from uk i got charged aswell, when i am here in uk and call abroad i still get charged, I just don't do it now
    WoRdS ShOuLd Be SiMpLe An VoIcEs SoFt !!!

Castletown (N58deg 35.240/W003deg 22.839)

Red face

Sorry but i'm a bit thick! I dont think I explained it very well. My son phones (not from a mobile) from Afghanistan to a mobile in the uk. His number is routed through the uk first, so displays a uk number, not an international number. Does the receiver on the mobile still get charged for an international call? With the calls being routed through the uk first I would have thought not. Thanks in advance!