Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Devo Max

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ex-Pentland Firth
    Posts
    557

    Default Devo Max

    Keep Westminster's feet to the fire to deliver Devo Max. Vote SNP.

  2. #2

    Default

    Watch out for those Unionist they have the Orange Lodge and the Ulster parties as members. Davth is know doubt a fully paid up supporter

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ubique
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Whether unionist or secessionist surely people can see that Westminster is no longer fit for purpose. There are too many thieves, vagabonds and scoundrels with their snouts in the trough. Hopefully the days to the two party system are numbered.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

  4. #4

    Default

    good job SALMON left then ?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Whether unionist or secessionist surely people can see that Westminster is no longer fit for purpose. There are too many thieves, vagabonds and scoundrels with their snouts in the trough. Hopefully the days to the two party system are numbered.
    Are not all like that including SNP, I wonder how much they get paid? own land etc

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Watch out for those Unionist they have the Orange Lodge and the Ulster parties as members. Davth is know doubt a fully paid up supporter
    What relevance does the Orange order and Ulster have in Scottish politics?

  7. #7

    Default

    Unionist one and ALL , they publicly supported the NO vote . Some may say " birds of a feather flock together" . Unionist would like us all to believe that's it's the Great the good and the honest that ware the flag. Personal it's a very sinister bunch that finds fear ,lies and threats the way to win a vote.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,228

    Default

    What gets me is the absolute hysteria in the media at the very prospect that the elected representatives of the Scottish people, if they are not Unionists, might have some small say in the Governance of the UK. You'd almost think that they, and many of their readers, believe that the SNP would, in that position, trash the UK economy, when even the thickest numbskull would recognise that trashing the UK economy would also trash the Scottish one...given we are all "Better Together".

    It is, however, telling that Westminster and the MSM are fighting the GE2015 as if it was a continuation of the referendum, with the same type of lies, misrepresentations and personal abuse of those involved on the SNP ticket as was employed during Project Fear......all we are missing, funnily enough, is the "Scotland, we love you, honest!" mantra so popular before we voted NO......but that will be because they are not pretending any more, and are now telling us exactly where around a million and a half of us stand in this "Union". which is in the box marked "unacceptable, not wanted and not allowed a Scottish voice". Pretty much the way any influence we have ever had in Westminster has been viewed in my lifetime, as far as I can see.......but it has now become blatantly obvious.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    What gets me is the absolute hysteria in the media at the very prospect that the elected representatives of the Scottish people, if they are not Unionists, might have some small say in the Governance of the UK. You'd almost think that they, and many of their readers, believe that the SNP would, in that position, trash the UK economy, when even the thickest numbskull would recognise that trashing the UK economy would also trash the Scottish one...given we are all "Better Together".

    It is, however, telling that Westminster and the MSM are fighting the GE2015 as if it was a continuation of the referendum, with the same type of lies, misrepresentations and personal abuse of those involved on the SNP ticket as was employed during Project Fear......all we are missing, funnily enough, is the "Scotland, we love you, honest!" mantra so popular before we voted NO......but that will be because they are not pretending any more, and are now telling us exactly where around a million and a half of us stand in this "Union". which is in the box marked "unacceptable, not wanted and not allowed a Scottish voice". Pretty much the way any influence we have ever had in Westminster has been viewed in my lifetime, as far as I can see.......but it has now become blatantly obvious.
    Honestly, take a chill pill, what absolute nonsense..... Project Fear !!! Us no voters werent conned by the SNP's Project Lies...go and buy any paper today, Nicky is confessing the absolute mess they made of Oil prices / oil economics....us sane people are on our knees giving thanks that we won, as a yes majoriy would have plunged us into Greek like territory. The majority vote was for the status quo, the yes vote lost...thats it, accept it, move on, wait until the election, things will begin to get very interesting then lets all say itagain THE YESSERS LOST

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Nobody lost. It was a majority decision, not a game.

    Surely even the people who voted "yes" wouldn't want independence for a country where the majority vote against it.

  11. #11
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    I feel the one thing that has become patently obvious since the referendum is the promise made to respect the outcome of the referendum.
    You don't have to look far just a quick jolly through the posts on this org would suffice to see that quite a few of the Yes voters haven't accepted the democratic wish of the Scottish population to remain part of the Union.
    The up coming election is a General Election not an extension of the referendum so to carry on the child like labelling " project fear" shows that these people will only be satisfied once they get their own way.
    Democracy is something they pay lip service to and no more.
    Today we have published in many national papers Nicola Sturgeon admitting the SNPs figures for oil revenue where wrong,this was one of the key markers for Independent Scotland's future.
    How glad are the majority of the population that we didn't take that route.
    The reality is most of the political commentators on here have no background in finance or governance of large organisations so just regurgitate quasi facts squirted out by Cyber Nats who have no credibility.
    What we often see peddled are the politics of envy or class which should of died out decades ago but are still rolled out day in day out using the same tired old rhetoric.

    But when it comes to Ms Sturgeon and her excessive pay rise she is considered Saint like and beyond reproach, what sane person awards them self a pay rise then says no no no I don't really want it, I shall show you how magnanimous I am with your money but not taking the whole pay rise just most of it.

    Anyone who believes that should be labeled a bampot of the highest order.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    The reality is most of the political commentators on here have no background in finance or governance of large organisations so just regurgitate quasi facts squirted out by Cyber Nats who have no credibility.
    remind us all of your experience won't you ? (other than the endless anti Nat rhetoric regurgitation)

  13. #13
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    As you wish I've held directorships of a number of large corporate entities have legal & finance qualifications but no longer practise as I have now retired.

    The anti nat rhetoric you may recall is a majority view within Scotland this is one of the few forums I use where it appears that the minority opinion gets the majority of posts although it is apparent there are more than a few cybernats using this site, I find that most odd as in the referendum polling Caithness voted majority No.

    As for devo max that option is no longer on the table the deals are done everything is signed, sealed and being delivered. It appears there are a minority of politically minded individuals who haven't quite grasped the reality of that position yet.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 21-Mar-15 at 13:43.

  14. #14

    Default

    I just wondered, how do you know that Caithness voted 'No' since it was said, at the time, that the ballots were amalgamated and not counted by individual county?

  15. #15
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quite easy if you know where to look for the relevant information and how to access it. Amazing thing FOI requests and the powers of the World Wide Web all kinds of information presents itself. It just comes down to asking the right questions sometimes.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Quite easy if you know where to look for the relevant information and how to access it. Amazing thing FOI requests and the powers of the World Wide Web all kinds of information presents itself. It just comes down to asking the right questions sometimes.
    Do you know which way I voted then?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    I just wondered, how do you know that Caithness voted 'No' since it was said, at the time, that the ballots were amalgamated and not counted by individual county?
    Ask Ruth Davidson she knew the result from the postal vote ,the Tories never needs to bother chasing votes as it was all a fix from the start. Hail KIng Cameron and let the Hunger Games begin so line up your children .

  18. #18
    BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    Do you know which way I voted then?
    Well that's a bit of a daft question its obvious that would be illegal also in case you've forgotten I doubt you're registered under your screen name in the electoral register.
    Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Ask Ruth Davidson she knew the result from the postal vote ,the Tories never needs to bother chasing votes as it was all a fix from the start. Hail KIng Cameron and let the Hunger Games begin so line up your children .
    Does that sort of smearing and absolute paranoia have any real place on a discussion forum, it's a baseless comment.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Well that's a bit of a daft question its obvious that would be illegal also in case you've forgotten I doubt you're registered under your screen name in the electoral register.
    I will take that as a no then
    And funnily enough thats how I voted, along with the rest of the 55% ers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •