Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon - disgrace to Scotland

Default Nicola Sturgeon - disgrace to Scotland

SNP has a lot to answer their Iron Maiden (Nicola Sturgeon) gets a pay award voted by her party in power, while the rest of us, gets cuts.
    Holyrood has voted through a pay rise for MSPs that would give the first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, the highest salary of any politician in the UK.

The Scottish parliament voted unanimously on Tuesday to increase basic salaries for MSPs by 0.7%, pushing the official overall salary for Scotland’s first minister to £144,687 – outstripping the prime minister’s overall pay of £142,500 and that of Boris Johnson, the London mayor, who earns £143,911.

Back in 2010 she writing a letter in support of a man who could be jailed for benefit fraud.
    Nicola Sturgeon said she was "duty-bound" as a constituency MSP to make "reasonable representations" on behalf of 60-year-oldAbdul Rauf. He defrauded more than £80,000 from the Department for Work and Pension.

She is a disgrace to the people of Scotland, taking a payrise, and given her support to a fraudster.
    Also she didn't show her respect to those who gave their lives in Afghanistan by not attended the service of memorial to those who give their lives.

run for your life robbain, the cybernats will be after you for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by robbain View Post
    Also she didn't show her respect to those who gave their lives in Afghanistan by not attended the service of memorial to those who give their lives.
    Say what you like about our First Minister - she's a big girl and has heard worse. I think you'll find Nicola Sturgeon was at the memorial of the Dunblane massacre where little children and their teacher lost their lives on the 13th March 1996, which coincided with the memorial you refer to. A day some of us in Scotland can never forget. Now, that's respect.

She has the name of a fish, the look of a fish and the smell of a fish.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy View Post
    Say what you like about our First Minister - she's a big girl and has heard worse. I think you'll find Nicola Sturgeon was at the memorial of the Dunblane massacre where little children and their teacher lost their lives on the 13th March 1996, which coincided with the memorial you refer to. A day some of us in Scotland can never forget. Now, that's respect.
    I hate to disagree and stick my nose over the parapet ready for the cybernats to have a field day, but it was widely reported in the media that she was attending a meeting of councils and tweeting about her kitchen, rather than representing this country and honouring the brave servicemen who paid the ultimate price.

Add to her pay rise the recent factual information about the NHS a fully devolved power the SNP has had control of for seven years now. Increase in England and Wales 4.5%, Scotland 1.5 % so why is it they aren't sending all the money through to the NHS and diverting it elsewhere while Hospitals like ours suffer more and more cutbacks.

Finally the pigeons are coming home to roost for the SNP and all their misinformation is showing the utter and total financial incompetence of them.

Let's not discuss the travesty of plunging oil prices and whisky exports what would of been two more nails in the coffin of an independent Scotland or the massive debts now appearing from local councils around Scotland.

A police force out of control and seemingly answerable only to itself just to add to the wonderful world of a free fair Scotland.

On the same week we discover Russia was preparing to deploy its nuclear arsenal, land sea and air forces should Europe do anything about the Ukraine we still have the SNP wanting to disband trident.

Then we have today an MSP sending totally unacceptable tweets and getting sacked.The true colours of the SNP are finally showing through.

Largesse at the taxpayers expense and who cares as long as they get independence.

Marxist Red through and through

Willing to prop up any old party as long as they get what they want

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    She has the name of a fish, the look of a fish and the smell of a fish.
    are you sure you're old enough to be using a computer ?

we had the same thing from Golach constantly calling Salmond 'fat eck'.

if the best you can come up with is personal insults, then you're no better than some jealous wee bairn in the playground

Given that MPs are looking at around a 9% pay rise after the GE, and given that MSPs are entitled to automatically receive 87.5% of that, it seems to me that 0.7% is less than they could be pocketing. I assume you do remember that since the SNP were elected into office in 2007/08 that they chose to freeze their pay. SNP MSPs have opted not to take the rises and have contributed the difference back into the public purse..the Scottish Public Purse. And you conveniently forgot to mention that they have cut the link between their salaries and those of MPs and instead linked them to public sector pay.

It sure ain't the SNP who are the pigs with their snouts in the trough.
    Last edited by Oddquine; 20-Mar-15 at 02:33.

SNP = Cloned Torries: End off

Quote Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
    are you sure you're old enough to be using a computer ?

if the best you can come up with is personal insults, then you're no better than some jealous wee bairn in the playground
    I was not aware that there was an age restriction on computer useage!!
    If I want to insult the fishy boot then I can do so, if golach wanted to point out our previous idiot being morbidly obese then he can do so.

Perhaps Mr Salmond read Golach's remarks and decided to lose the extra pounds as he is slimline now and his health will be all the better for it and that, irrespective of one's political persuasions, has to be viewed as a positive thing! But as many of us know, it's keeping it off longer term......potential for slaking his thirst in the Commons bar, post-rumpus (or do they call it debates?) following hours of heated exchanges in the chamber? The temptations will be there for sure- if he gets elected, that is!

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Given that MPs are looking at around a 9% pay rise after the GE, and given that MSPs are entitled to automatically receive 87.5% of that, it seems to me that 0.7% is less than they could be pocketing. I assume you do remember that since the SNP were elected into office in 2007/08 that they chose to freeze their pay. SNP MSPs have opted not to take the rises and have contributed the difference back into the public purse..the Scottish Public Purse. And you conveniently forgot to mention that they have cut the link between their salaries and those of MPs and instead linked them to public sector pay. It sure ain't the SNP who are the pigs with their snouts in the trough.
    Care to explain how that justifies Ms Sturgeon not attending the rememberance service for fallen Scottish servicemen.So they initially cut the tie between their pay and MPs then take no pay rise for a couple of years but oh joy now the first minister pays herself more than the prime minister.Nose has now found the trough and is feeding happily

How you can have the temerity to claim that paying Nicola Sturgeon more than the prime minister or mayor of London both Tories means she is somehow morally superior to my way of seeing it means she is worse than any Tory for accepting public funds.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 20-Mar-15 at 10:15.

Default Facts please

Small snip below from the news on Wednesday.

"MSPs awarded themselves a 0.7 per cent rise, taking the First Minister's salary to £144,687 - a pay packet bigger than the Prime Minister's and overtaking the £143,911 earned by London Mayor Boris Johnson.
    Ms Sturgeon's official spokesman later said she would only accept £135,605, maintaining Alex Salmond's voluntary pledge to freeze his salary at its 2008/9 level.

The difference will be returned to a general Scottish Government account.
    It is understood cabinet colleagues have also agreed to continue a voluntary pay freeze and will hand back a portion of the £103,495 they are entitled to from next month."

Let's not allow facts to get in the way of the usual unionist tosh eh?

ref- http://www.heraldscotland.com/politi...aper.120874379

And you think she worth that sort of money? Clearly we are very lucky we did not get vote yes or we be nearly bankrupt with oil going down the plug hole

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    And you think she worth that sort of money? SNIP
    What I think only matters when combined with the will of the other voters who voted for the SNP. They have a majority in the Scottish Government...

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    I hate to disagree and stick my nose over the parapet ready for the cybernats to have a field day, but it was widely reported in the media that she was attending a meeting of councils and tweeting about her kitchen, rather than representing this country and honouring the brave servicemen who paid the ultimate price.

Add to her pay rise the recent factual information about the NHS a fully devolved power the SNP has had control of for seven years now. Increase in England and Wales 4.5%, Scotland 1.5 % so why is it they aren't sending all the money through to the NHS and diverting it elsewhere while Hospitals like ours suffer more and more cutbacks.

Finally the pigeons are coming home to roost for the SNP and all their misinformation is showing the utter and total financial incompetence of them.

Let's not discuss the travesty of plunging oil prices and whisky exports what would of been two more nails in the coffin of an independent Scotland or the massive debts now appearing from local councils around Scotland.

A police force out of control and seemingly answerable only to itself just to add to the wonderful world of a free fair Scotland.

On the same week we discover Russia was preparing to deploy its nuclear arsenal, land sea and air forces should Europe do anything about the Ukraine we still have the SNP wanting to disband trident.

Then we have today an MSP sending totally unacceptable tweets and getting sacked.The true colours of the SNP are finally showing through.

Largesse at the taxpayers expense and who cares as long as they get independence.

Marxist Red through and through

Willing to prop up any old party as long as they get what they want
    Very well put, you highlight SNP hypocracy and lies.....mores the pity that a vast amount of the electorate seemingly are going to vote for the liars, what is that they say..in the county of the blind the one eyed man is king....theres very few one eyed folk out there then !

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    Given that MPs are looking at around a 9% pay rise after the GE, and given that MSPs are entitled to automatically receive 87.5% of that, it seems to me that 0.7% is less than they could be pocketing. I assume you do remember that since the SNP were elected into office in 2007/08 that they chose to freeze their pay. SNP MSPs have opted not to take the rises and have contributed the difference back into the public purse..the Scottish Public Purse. And you conveniently forgot to mention that they have cut the link between their salaries and those of MPs and instead linked them to public sector pay.

It sure ain't the SNP who are the pigs with their snouts in the trough.
    Clever response, is Nicky worth £144k ?

Well I don't begrudge her the money because I actually think MPs are underpaid (Boo hiss). Until MPs were paid, Westminster politics was only open to the rich and privileged. To be honest, if I wanted to publically serve my country in the field of politics then I'd like it to pay handsomely if only as compensation for cutting short my existing career.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Well if this was a banker with bonus and the banks are not up to scratch then every one be screaming no Bonus etc. What has the leader of the SNP done, part from splitting country apart

She must be doing something right because Labour, LiDems and tories are ontrack for a political wipeout. The unionist parties just look after themselves.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    She must be doing something right because Labour, LiDems and tories are ontrack for a political wipeout. The unionist parties just look after themselves.
    And of course the SNP don't just look after themselves except for making themselves so toxicthey are the party except for the national front that no one would form an alliance with. Tells you a lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast