Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: HM GOVT deleting voters.

Default HM GOVT deleting voters.

Even if you have been a lifelong voter its worth checking whether you have been deleted from the register of voters recently. I have been deleted along with others I have contacted. I was a registered voter for 42 years...
    There is a new system in place requiring voters to register individually rather than as a household.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/h...bers.116458663

The last date to register as a voter before the Election is 20 April....

Check your status here before you miss out on voting at this year's election. Let us know if you were deleted ?

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
    Last edited by Dog-eared; 11-Mar-15 at 18:34. Reason: info.

Application sent
    Your reference number is ******
    Your name is not yet on the electoral register
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Is this different from the other electoral thread?

I think it said people weren't deleted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post

That is exactly what I got after going through the registration process, now I think I might have written myself off the register. It is pathetic.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Just did this and it said I wasn't registered!

How do they know who to delete?

From http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...stered-to-vote

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fernie
    have looked into this and went to the gov.uk site and completed the form to see what came back. It said I am not registered but they will inform Highland council.

I thought this is strange as I have completed all forms sent about registration and lived at the same address for over 35 years.

I then phoned the electoral registration office of Highland council in inverness. They confirmed I am registered.

I then explained what I had done to check online. They told me you cannot check your registration online. The gov.uk site only deals with new applications. It is confusing as it does not say that. The registration office in Inverness is receiving many calls about this.

The main point is you cannot check your registration online.

You need to visit a library or other place where register is held just as in the past.

Then if you are not registered you can complete online but it would probably be better to contact the Registration office directly if you need to apply so the form is sent out faster. The web site only notifies Highland Council registrar to issue you with a registration form.

Thanks Sids

Bill -
    So, although there is a new system in place to make us register as individuals rather than households, the only way to find out if you are registered is to go to your local library ?
    Last edited by Dog-eared; 11-Mar-15 at 23:12.

Check out this link to get the correct information......http://www.snp.org/blog/post/2015/ma...r-registration