Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Shame it died ...

Default Shame it died ...

This morning at 11:45 I had a phonecall from HO about a live whale stranding in Orkney on Graemsay.
    Ten minutes later I had another call telling me it had died.
    The Orcadian website has a photograph of the dead Minke Whale calf.

The purpose of this posting? to ask a couple of questions of people on here....

1) would you like to join us as marine mammal medics to help out with seals mainly but stuff like this too?

2) does anyone have access to / own a boat for situations like this where time is of the essence - to get to locations for these large majestic creatures as after an extended period of time laying on vital organs a 'poisonous' chain reaction sets in and there is no other humane way of dealing with it except euthansing the animal?

We are a group of volunteers, the next training session near here to become a medic is in Inverness on 17th June, please see the BDMLR website and click on training page for details and contact info.
    Please visit our Web Site.

"http://caithnessbdmlr.webs.com"

i would like to join please ??