Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Obesity

Default Obesity

When I look at grossly overweight people on television documentaries I see a very large torso, a fat neck and limbs that are often semi-disabled. However, I am not able to see their lungs that do not grow in tandem with their progression towards morbid obesity.
    If lungs and the trachea are too small then the obese person will suffer the medical manifestations of hypoxia. What I see is people who should be diagnosed as victims of untreated decompression illness.

I'm sure my lungs are side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    I'm sure my lungs are side by side.
    Very intelligent!

Obesity is not talked about on here. People can not seem to be able to get it out in the open. Maybe if it is not talked about it will just go away like magic?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...deal-with-this

It depends how you measure obesity, if you use the BMI method almost all international rugby forwards would be classed as obese.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Gal View Post
    Obesity is not talked about on here. People can not seem to be able to get it out in the open. Maybe if it is not talked about it will just go away like magic?

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...deal-with-this
    People had thought their air pollutants would go away like magic more than 100-years ago so they carried on using cars and gas cookers. Along came medical calamities such as cancer, obesity, sight loss, diabetes, infertility and asthma among others so it would seem some sort of a thought disorder had affected those people who had thought their air pollutants would all go away like magic long ago.
    Last edited by unhappywanderer; 12-Feb-15 at 13:20.

Quote Originally Posted by unhappywanderer View Post
    People had thought their air pollutants would go away like magic more than 100-years ago so they carried on using cars and gas cookers. Along came medical calamities such as cancer, obesity, sight loss, diabetes, infertility and asthma among others so it would seem some sort of a thought disorder had affected those people who had thought their air pollutants would all go away like magic long ago.
    Yeah, nobody died before 100 years ago, or suffered medical calamities such as cancer, obesity, sight loss, diabetes, infertility and asthma among others.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Yeah, nobody died before 100 years ago, or suffered medical calamities such as cancer, obesity, sight loss, diabetes, infertility and asthma among others.
    Very intelligent!!!!

Have a look at a school class photograph from forty years ago and see how many fat kids there are. One popped up the other day on facebook of a group photo at Groats school. Not one fat child. Now have a look at any class photo from now and there will be at least three to four obese children. Criminal, child cruelty, it needs addressing

There is a sequence of events leading to the onset of obesity

1. The lungs retract, usually during sleep, and cause nocturnal hypoxia.

2. Repeatedly being subjected to periods of hypoxia during sleep causes metabolic mal-function.

3. Metabolic mal-function reduces the ability of the digestive system to deal with foods consumed and some water is retained.

People who are morbidly obese are not to be blamed for their conditions. They simply do not know why their weight increased and nor do they know how to deal with the problem. The UK NHS will never deal properly with obese people because they know not how.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Gal View Post
    Have a look at a school class photograph from forty years ago and see how many fat kids there are. One popped up the other day on facebook of a group photo at Groats school. Not one fat child. Now have a look at any class photo from now and there will be at least three to four obese children. Criminal, child cruelty, it needs addressing
    Thats a bit of an exaggeration . There are 80 kids at my wee ones' school and there isnt one "obese" child. There are however children who are big, small, stocky and skinny. Many children grow out of plumpness and many skinny children turn into fat adults. Labelling them and obsessing about their weight at an early age is not helpful to anyone and suggesting that parents of said children are criminals and guilty of child cruelty is judgemental nonsense.