Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to start with this query, I hope this is suitable.

My Grandpa has always loved telling our family stories. I asked him about my favourite one today and wondered if any of this sounded to familiar to anyone.

Around 1949, my Grandpa and two of his friends cycled from Port Glasgow, Inverclyde to Wick. It took them a few days and arrived at a farm one mile North of Wick. As they approached the farm, they noticed, what I think was the garden fence, was made of wood which had been carved into all these strange wee faces. They met the man who lived there alone (I think) who taught some of the local kids to wood carve. I think a wall of his house was made with the same carvings as the fence. The man told them how there'd been a meteor that landed in his garden and he had it in his livingroom. Apparently he'd been offered money from various places for it but he always refused.

I'm trying to find any information about this online but haven't got very far yet. I'd be really grateful if anyone had any information. I'd love to be able to tell my Grandpa about it.

Many thanks,

Loraine