Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Good Samaritans in times of adversity !

Default Good Samaritans in times of adversity !

Just had to post a new thread to say a massive thank you to all those involved who have aided those without electricity due to the major storms we have all experienced within the last few days.

"RWB" on here made a generous offer of gas hob, camping kettle etc. just goes to show so much human kindness

I've read on a friend's FaceBook that John O' Groats hall had a "burger van" offering free hot water and food for those without.

I'm sure there are many more places/people who have struggled over the past week or so who would like to acknowledge those who helped out the less fortunate.

I, for one, would like to say a massive thank you to my dear friend and neighbour who supplied us with hot water for flasks of coffee and was also very willing to heat up any food that we would need.
    Last edited by Iffy; 14-Jan-15 at 19:31.

Hi, One question , The food vans were a good idea , BUT for those out of the way away from a Food van and no ELECTRIC so no internet how were they meant to know the vans were there , As i know of people that dident here about them , i had electric and internet and still dident here about them till the 3rd day

Quote Originally Posted by andyw View Post
    Hi, One question , The food vans were a good idea , BUT for those out of the way away from a Food van and no ELECTRIC so no internet how were they meant to know the vans were there , As i know of people that dident here about them , i had electric and internet and still dident here about them till the 3rd day
    Can't you for once just praise the good work that people did instead of putting a downer on it? This is surely meant to be a thread about helping each other out in adversity instead of one complaining. If you want to comment about lack of knowledge about food vans, I would suggest a new thread might be in order instead of hijacking one about good samaritans.

Thank you weeker2014 !

This is exactly why I started the thread, to say Thank-You to those who have helped and aided those less fortunate with regards to heating/hot water and food supplies when times got tough.

I don't agree/disagree "andyw" about your concerns with regards to who knew/didn't know about emergency vans, etc, put in place to help.

Once again, I reiterate, a Huge Thank You to everyone who helped those in need (myself included) !

Well i must be one of the helpers then as i supplied electric to me next door nieghbours with exstensions leads

Then, of course andyw, that certainly makes you one of those "Good Samaritans" !!

I'm certain that your neighbours were thankful for your assistance