Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: GP Appointment Times

Default GP Appointment Times

I read a bit in the paper recently about the difficulty in getting GP appointment in Wick within 7 days at the Riverview Practice. I recently changed from Riverview Practice to the Pearson Practice due to various reasons not around appointment times.

I was really surprised a few moments ago when I contacted the Pearson Practice for my first routine appointment to find that I was able to get one within 24 hours.

This is pretty amazing in this day and age and really is a shining beacon of the way it should be, especially when it is a single GP practice with no problem registering with them.

Are there any other good stories out there of GP practices in the county who are also a shining beacon of modern healthcare in terms of appointment times?

I rang at about ten this morning for an appointment and was given a choice of two appointments for tomorrow, one with a locum and one with one that is there all the time. Cant say fairer than that

not had a problem with riverside if no appointment was available i got a telephone call from a gp and if it deem fit i got an appointment that day

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Gal View Post
    I rang at about ten this morning for an appointment and was given a choice of two appointments for tomorrow, one with a locum and one with one that is there all the time. Cant say fairer than that
    Was that with Riverview or Pearson?

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    not had a problem with riverside if no appointment was available i got a telephone call from a gp and if it deem fit i got an appointment that day
    You must be in the few then. I doubt that the paper would have written about it if people were getting the same service you seem to be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by weeker2014 View Post
    Was that with Riverview or Pearson?
    Riverview

Quote Originally Posted by Southern-Gal View Post
    Riverview
    Maybe the article in the paper did some good :-)

Ive had issues getting an appointment with a certain GP & have had to wait over a week

Ive only ever needed an appointment three tmes in nearly three years and this last one is the longest Ive had to wait!

I had to wait 14 days (Riverveiw) to see my doctor or any doctor was a 10 day wait...I ended up in A&E came out in a sling...I was having physio before I actually got to the doctor and he wasn't mine!
    I think it may be that they all had holidays to take!...

Angel...
    I'm not perfect, which is a shame really, as everyone else is!

Castletown surgery and staff, wonderful.

Dunbeath Surgery - The GP's and receptionists are amazing.

I have always been seen in a few days at Princes St Surgery and find the staff very nice and helpful.