Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Forever Home Awaits......

Default Forever Home Awaits......

We are looking for a new canine member, possibly two, to add to our family. Hopefully between the ages of 6 months to 2 years old. Male or female, doesn't matter.

We lost our beloved 14 year old border collie on January 8, 2015. He was a wonderful boy, and we loved him as much as is humanly possible. Our family is now incomplete with his passing and our hearts are broken, yet open to providing a loving home to another 'best friend'. We feel it is the best way to honor our boy, to share our hearts and our homes with another.

We have no children and no other pets, with the exception of a Budgie and a Cockatiel.

We have a large house with a large garden that is completely fenced in for him or her to play in. And naturally, they would have the run of the house.

If you can help us find our new best friend, please leave us a message and we will get back in touch asap.

Many thanks,
    Paul and Anna

That is so nice and a lovely way to put it. Your beloved boy would be so proud of what you are going to do.

So sorry for your loss. It is a tribute to your special boy to open up your home and hearts to another dog. Or two! Have you tried KWK9 Rescue as they have dogs in need of a loving home? http://www.kwk9.org/index.asp
    Last edited by Liz; 12-Jan-15 at 00:32.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thank you standstill, he was a wonderful boy.

Thank you Liz, yes we have filled out an application at kwk9, we found the site online just this afternoon. Our boy was also a rescue dog.

That a lovely thing to do. I hope you find your new companion soon. i too have a 14 year old collie who is quite ill and hope that i would have the same courage you have in wanting to befriend another.

There is a small organisation in Nairn who rescue beautiful dogs from Spain. They are beautiful dogs looking for homes. I think its called bluebells Scotland and are on face book all the time.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by aidipi View Post
    That a lovely thing to do. I hope you find your new companion soon. i too have a 14 year old collie who is quite ill and hope that i would have the same courage you have in wanting to befriend another.
    Thank you aidipi. And here's hoping that you and your collie have much more time together, treasure every minute.
    I don't know that it's actually courage that let's us make this choice, just a need to provide and love. And the love you get returned is always doubled.
    Hardest thing ever to make the choice to let him go, but it was essential to do what was right for him, not for us, and let him have his dignity. He could no longer stand up and he had stopped eating. There was no joy left for him, only struggle. He went to sleep in my arms, he was always his mum's boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    There is a small organisation in Nairn who rescue beautiful dogs from Spain. They are beautiful dogs looking for homes. I think its called bluebells Scotland and are on face book all the time.
    Thank you for that info Fran. We will look into it.
    We are actually now thinking about rescuing a greyhound, or a couple of them. They seem to be lovely dogs and there are so many out there who need homes.

hi,i have a 6 month old collie cross weimeraner black boy for sale.hes called bert,is crate and house trained.good on recall .brill with cats other dogs children chickens horses etc.very well socialized and just needs his own family.comes with his crate.let me know if he is of any interest.thanks

Sorry for the loss of your old collie I hope you can find a lovely new family member soon! I definitely recommend KWK9, I've had two from them now and it was a very easy adoption both times
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Messaged you! !!

Have sent you a pm