Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Eateries in Wick - Reports?

Default New Eateries in Wick - Reports?

over the past moth two new restaurants/takeaways opened but not seen any reports.

The Red Rose indian, anyone been there, any good?

The new fast food takeaway. I think it is associated with Bombay Spice, is it? Is it an improvement? Any good? Also does it sell the same things that Bombay sells as fast food? Never in Wick when open so can't pop in for a menu.

I had a take out from the Red Rose tonight and we all enjoyed our feast.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

That sounds encouraging., thanks

the Bombay Express is indeed connected to the Bombay Spice. As for their offerings.......that's another story. I also think it hilarious that when they were going to open up it was a "Perfect Fried Chicken" coop.....but now that a takeaway shop owner from Thurso is interested in the old Ice Cream shop to turn it into a takeaway, the Bombay Express now sell pizzas, burgers and kebabs. We don't need any more takeaways in Wick, we have enough. Unfortunately we don't have enough of them selling decent quality food!

i was looking forward to a perfect chicken type shop very disappointed to see it turn into another indian type thing

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    the Bombay Express is indeed connected to the Bombay Spice. As for their offerings.......that's another story. I also think it hilarious that when they were going to open up it was a "Perfect Fried Chicken" coop.....but now that a takeaway shop owner from Thurso is interested in the old Ice Cream shop to turn it into a takeaway, the Bombay Express now sell pizzas, burgers and kebabs. We don't need any more takeaways in Wick, we have enough. Unfortunately we don't have enough of them selling decent quality food!
    Has Bombay Spice stopped selling pizzas etc or do they both sell them? Would love a decent Greek/Turkish style kebabs. Never finished any from Spice.

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    i was looking forward to a perfect chicken type shop very disappointed to see it turn into another indian type thing
    Maybe this Thurso guy will do good takeaway. Don't think he has said what type of takeaway he will be doing.

gerry4;1107494]Has Bombay Spice stopped selling pizzas etc or do they both sell them? Would love a decent Greek/Turkish style kebabs. Never finished any from Spice. would love a greek resturant hate the bombay spice pizza what that pink stuff they use for tomato paste

The red rose restaurant doesca buffet, eat as much as you want
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by gerry4 View Post
    Maybe this Thurso guy will do good takeaway. Don't think he has said what type of takeaway he will be doing.
    Initial proposal was for fish and chips but who knows what else there will be on offer - planning app to HC is 14/04605/FUL. Also looks like he has already bought the property according to one of the drawings.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 12-Jan-15 at 13:36.