Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: fishing at melvich river

Default fishing at melvich river

hi looking for some information. is it true that you are allowed to fish this river for sea trout without permit and using worm? if so where a bouts are you allowed to fish? and where do you park your car? thanks

You can fish from the road bridge down to river mouth for free anything above the bridge is permits and beats

I was of the understanding that when fishing with a 2lb leader you can fish anywhere. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks

thanks guys where do you park?

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I was of the understanding that when fishing with a 2lb leader you can fish anywhere. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks
    Yes, I can. No, you can't.
    robertianrae.co.uk
    hutchthedog.co.uk

The law treats salmon and sea trout as one and the same and accordingly the right to fish for salmon includes the right to fish for sea trout and vice versa.

Have a look at the fish Scotland site. Tight lines.

Spoke with estate fishing is from the road bridge to the sea. A permit will be coming in this year which is free but you must fill in a return by mid October. worming will not be allowed. no sea trout to be taken under 12" inches in length and a bag and size limit on salmon.