Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: New Thurso Hotel and Public Park Plan and the Present Local Plan Review

I support the present and future people of Thurso in our battle to remove the wool that has been pulled across our eyes by the most wanton pullers of wool. I have no personal interest whatsoever in the person or persons who pull the wool.

My only goal is to promote what is best for Thurso. And that does not include wool. Unless that wool is on Thurso's sheepies.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    try getting a meal after 9pm in the evening or 2pm in the afternoon for lunch, you get looked at like you have defalcated on the floor
    Defalcated?

This isn't the WADF thread.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Defalcated?

This isn't the WADF thread.
    opps auto correct on the bleeding phone innit
    you know what I meant
    W.A.T.P.

I can only assume that the user with the username "Raymond Taylor" isn't actually the real Raymond Taylor as I can't see him wasting his time having a pointless argument in a tiny corner of the Interweb with an alter ego of a local crank.

I support the present and future people of Thurso in our battle to remove the wool that has been pulled across our eyes by the most wanton pullers of wool. I have no personal interest whatsoever in the person or persons who pull the wool.

My only goal is to promote what is best for Thurso. And that does not include wool. Unless that wool is on Thurso's sheepies.

Why is it your battle ?

That's your opinion of which you are entitled too.
    I've lived in Thurso all my life so I'm one of those people you mention,
    But not my opinion, I'm sick of progress happening everywhere else but Caithness of which I am very passionate about, and in the past stood up and fought against unappropriate constructions.
    But Caithness council are as much good as an ashtray on a bike, we need to take a leaf out Orkney Councils book.
    But no they sit their pondering and let Inverness (highland council ) take all the money for themselves, well enough is enough let's turn this beautiful town and county into something everyone wants to come to.
    Or should we just leave the town and fields to the big retailers to build there nice fronted buildings but the sides and backs are like prison walls and unhealthy discarded waste and let the town continue to rot ?
    Bring back caithness county council.
    Last edited by gaza; 21-Oct-16 at 18:09.

Since my thread on B&B recommendations has nothing to do with the perfidious posts of the man from that other place I thought I would respond to his mendacious and malicious mutterings here on his patch.

I am saddened that he has become so obsessed with me that he evidently believes I created that thread just because of him. This is clearly not the case. I have no personal or professional interest whatsoever in the man.

All I want to do is to save Thurso and its people from an enormous cliff that he is mistakenly driving us towards.

If you want first hand evidence of what would be completely destroyed by his holiday camp you should look at the Tripadvisor page for his B&B. Look at all the photos of so many fabulous views taken from there. Now think how those unique views would be completely ruined if those virgin meadows and innocent sheepies were replaced by the enormous ugliness of a holiday camp with cabins and coaches and delivery vans and car parks and walls and fences and a hotel and a restaurant and hedges and hordes of parked cars and hundreds of people and the associated rubbish they all leave behind.

We all need to trust in our elected councillors' ability to do their jobs and execute their responsibility towards the town and its people without prejudice.

[QUOTE=crayola;1155984]Come on Raymond!

You are avoiding the question. Again!

This looks so so bad for you. /QUOTE]

And so are you, I will ask you again, why is this your "battle" ?

As I have iterated several times it is not my battle it is our battle. Therefore it is also your battle. Lay down your prejudices, seek out the facts and come to the right decision. The decision that the future citizens of Thurso will thank us all for getting correct.

As I have iterated several times it is not my battle it is our battle. Therefore it is also your battle. Lay down your prejudices, seek out the facts and come to the right decision. The decision that the future citizens of Thurso will thank us all for getting correct.
    Our battle ? So you actually live here do you ?

Oh Crayola....come on...to be honest if this hotel doesn't get the go-ahead then what next? Thurso the highland ghost town? the (not so) numerous cars and buses will get caught up in all the tumbleweed blowing through Thurso.....will you hound the next businessperson who has a plan to open whatever in the town? What makes you or anyone else think they have a right to a view let alone a right to anything in this world except oxygen? ( although a fair few could do with that priviledge being rescinded too if you ask me!) Nobody has any right whatsoever to a view or vista or even an outlook and if you buy a house in Thurso, the title deeds come with the exclusive entitlement to own and enjoy a wee bit of land and a pile of rubble usually shaped into something resembling a house but nowhere on those deeds will it say you have any entitlement to anything else, especially a view. I just despair (and laugh) at all the selfish whingers who continuously object against anything whatsoever being built anywhere on the grounds that it "might violate" their rights to whatever reason they can think of at the time. Oh, and when are you intending moving back to Thurso again? hmm...oh you're not?....oh well...next objector step up please!

Crayola.
    You seem to think you are our saviour and that the people of the town WE live in, need you to show us the light, it's not light we need lady, it's progress, go to any tourist destination. you won't find an overgrown field which was used as a war and worker's camp along the see front.
    I think you'll find with the design and the hight of the proposed hotel will be a far more attractive and pleasing sight to the eye, than the ugly square static caravans situated to the right of the proposed development (probably the only accommodation you'll be offerd for your visit)
    So the point I make is that we are not your flock of sheep, you are not our shepherd.
    Crayola please find something/someone to vent your obsession on in the place you live.
    Last edited by gaza; 21-Oct-16 at 23:05.

Crayola - your getting a bit of a hard time today, I know how it feels. It's tough battling for something you are passionate about. To be honest I don't really have that much sympathy for you as I've been at this for 22 years, Ever since my original planning application for this project got approved locally and then rejected in Inverness a couple of months later.

So my first ever direct question to you. If the slope in these fields is 6-8m and the local councillors have the final say on any design when the detailed application is presented to them where exactly does your devestation of view come from? A 6m build would be nothing built into that slope with a flat roof.
    Last edited by Raymond Taylor; 22-Oct-16 at 00:16.

I'm am at present working on my modifications for CaSPlan which need to be in on the 11th Nov. So I have all information on my desk and it is easy to access over the next two weeks here at Pennyland House.
    If anyone out there wants more info I would be more than delighted to discuss, show plans walk the site etc. Email me on mond323@btinternet.com to organise.
    I'm away to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary W/end beginning the 5th Nov so not a huge window of opportunity but the offer is there.

Need to bump this as my dearest friend seems to have gone into hiding

As per above, only 7 days to go except not leaving till the 11th Nov.

Crayola,
    Wherefor Art Thou?
    I am sure you read my other post......

What would be wrong with brightening up Thurso.....with a new Hotel?

There is now 2 weeks till deadline day on this project. Plenty information and debate here to get your teeth into so I thought I'd bump it.

I posted on a newly opened page and now it is deleted.. I guess they didn't like what I said....so I shall repeat..

I have stayed in Hotels in Thurso over the years and most of them are Olde! The rooms are normally above the Bar or nearby, and there is a lot of noise. When the patrons get out, one is awakened by the shouting and swearing due to the Olde contstruction and the 'thin' windows, and of course all the hotrodders driving around all nite.
    I feel a nice new Hotel with a view would be quite an advantage to the Town of Thurso. Many of the visitors to the North are 'on holiday', and would be willing and capable of paying for First Class Service a New Hotel would bring.
    If one has lived in a Community all one's life, people become satisfied with the 'status quo'. They don't want change just because.....That is their reasoning.
    To build something at the 'Mart' or near the Train Station would be a disaster....As one person said, the approach to the Train Station was like a 'Midden'.
    Just imagine a New Hotel with a view and a nice outside area.....Of course Weather Permitting.
    I cannot understand why this was not done 20 years ago......maybe it is time to get some 'outsiders' on the Council....not the 'Olde Boys Club'.

Totally agree with The Horseman.
    Anyone likes decent accommodation when they are not at home.
    How many Thurso folk have been in the bedrooms of the local hotels, I imagine very few know the standard of some of the accommodation and facilities in Caithness.

..I dont agree with the location...
    The remaining hotels in town will suffer and possibly close and staff made redundant....
    The marvellous views will change forever...
    Why does the hotel developer not build the hotel on opposite side of road...?It would be less subject to cliff erosion ....
    Personally I wouldnt trade this view for a developers profit as that is what its all about..making money...
    The ideal spot would be Thurso Castle..
    Maybe the developer can talk to the Sinclairs....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast