Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost drone (christmas present)

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzbang View Post
    The ones taking photos and video are they recorded on the machine or are the pics transmitted back live to the op?
    Now a days most do both, they have a micro SD card on the actual craft for recording picture and video in High definition (up to 4k video & as far as the camera skys the limit depending on what payload the craft can carry). But they also send live video feed back to a ground station (computer, tablet or such) so as you can see what the camera is seeing. This can be done various ways WIFI, Radio Transmission or Lightbridge to name but a few.

Via lightbridge tho you can get up to 1080p live HD feed back whilst actually flying... Amazing when you think about transmitting HD video the kind of distances these crafts are capable of flying all wirelessly and instantly... The actual end/usable video will be captured by the onboard SD card in up to 4k or below (Whichever settingings your craft is capable of and the pilot is using for the circumstances)

The advance of these things and how fast its coming about is actually incredible, now a days they are capable of taking off... flying a pre determined route... and landing themselves all automatically, they can now fly indoors (say in a warehouse or such) as some now have optical IR sensors, and as above the telemetry is just mind blowing.

Like I said in my earlier post tho - More regulation definately required as no doubt there will be some folk out there finding ways on "How not" to fly these things...

A similar thing from thirty odd years ago - I was working on the hill behind the big barn on the Dounreay road at Scrabster farm. A couple of guys turned up with a model airplane down by the Hill of Forss junction and started the engine. I carried on working then heard the R/C aeroplane overhead, flying high and heading West towards Brims. It didn't turn back...
    They came up the hill and asked if I'd seen it come down in the whins, not wanting to believe me when I said no, it was flying fine as it passed overhead.
    Turns out it was a new plane on its first flight and they'd filled the fuel tank right up.
    I reckon it would have made it out over the sea before running out of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by DMFB View Post
    As my dear mother used to say to me some folk just like to make a drama out of a crisis. Honestly.
    Just wondering if this is what you would be saying if it was flying outside your or your familys bedroom windows ?

What ever you do, don't fly them near my precious wind mills or else, I don't want them damaging!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    Just wondering if this is what you would be saying if it was flying outside your or your familys bedroom windows ?
    I can save you from wondering the answer is yes.
    My mother seldom said anything, but her sighs were loud enough

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    What ever you do, don't fly them near my precious wind mills or else, I don't want them damaging!
    I should think their could be a few wind mills blowing about the parish tonight.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12