Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wick Hogmanay Party

Wink Wick Hogmanay Party

Due to ongoing construction works in the market sq, RBWCC HAPPY Committee will be running this years Hogmanay Party in Kirk Lane car park as last year (weather permitting of course ) . Its a great sheltered area and local band Park Lane will be providing the music from 11 o clock. Its a free event but we do rely on your contributions so please come along and give generously. If you can help in any manner please PM me.
    I kent his faither

Hope next year it will be back to the square and the web cam capturing it for our fols abroad. Didn't like it in the car park last year and it was very unruly.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Hope next year it will be back to the square and the web cam capturing it for our fols abroad. Didn't like it in the car park last year and it was very unruly.
    <br>
    <br>Fran at least give them credit for getting putting it on somewhere rather than not at all. This is after all volunteers giving up their spare time. I myself dont attend too old however I wish them all the best for their efforts.
    My mother seldom said anything, but her sighs were loud enough

Sounds like there may be a band playing there, is there! if so I will be there!

Hi the band playing is pennylane 👍

Hi folks, everything seems to be in place for tonights event in Kirk Lane car park. Local band Penny Lane will be providing live music from 11 o clock on and we'll have some traditional music for a Strip the Willow. Public toilets will be open. Bring some cash as the event is funded by your donations and there will be a lucky ticket draw for a bottle of Old Pulteney. Wrap up warm and take a 'small sensation' to bring in the bells. See you there.
    I kent his faither

WEB CAM PROBLEMS - Better Next Year - Response from organisers of the street party -

The problem was that we had to use BT WiFI as the
    connection we had last year wasn't available - The problem was with the
    location not really having any internet connections, so when the mobile
    connections got swamped later on - so did the connection speed/signal.
    This will be sorted next year assuming it goes back to the Market
    Square. Assuming it is in the Market Square this will allow us to
    stream in HD which we haven't been able to do in the past 2 years
    although we have the hardware.