Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: No Voters

Default No Voters

I wrote some time ago concerning the cost of repairing Westminster Palace. It seems there are serious plans afoot to go ahead at a cost of billions, but thanks to the no voters we will now be saddled with this enormous bill. They can also be thanked for the retention of the House of Lords which in 2014 is a disgrace because it is undemocratic and incidently costs £300 per day per Lord in attendance money. Once again a big thanks.

What happened to the special forum for referendum-related claptrap?

Estimates for the refurbishment of the palace of Westminster is currently £3 Billion, no doubt that will escalate massively over time. Sadly a replacement like the rebuild in Wick is only for plebs, our grubbiement will insist on maintaining the 'mother of parliaments' regardless of cost. But hey-ho we haven't got anything else to do with our hard earned money have we!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    I wrote some time ago concerning the cost of repairing Westminster Palace. It seems there are serious plans afoot to go ahead at a cost of billions, but thanks to the no voters we will now be saddled with this enormous bill. They can also be thanked for the retention of the House of Lords which in 2014 is a disgrace because it is undemocratic and incidently costs £300 per day per Lord in attendance money. Once again a big thanks.
    http://youtu.be/udGTdbPJqXc

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Estimates for the refurbishment of the palace of Westminster is currently £3 Billion, no doubt that will escalate massively over time. Sadly a replacement like the rebuild in Wick is only for plebs, our grubbiement will insist on maintaining the 'mother of parliaments' regardless of cost. But hey-ho we haven't got anything else to do with our hard earned money have we!
    The Wick council offices cost £8 million to serve under 30 thousand people. £266 a head.

The Scottish Parliament cost £414 million to serve 5.3 million. £78 a head.

The palace of Westminster cost of £3 Billion to serve 64.1 million people. £47 a head.

Just saying.............
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    Trying to distract us from the real issues I suspect. Its the SNP Government who are trying to downgrade Caithness General. That's a bit more relevant to e orgers I expect.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Quote Originally Posted by Green_not_greed View Post
    Trying to distract us from the real issues I suspect. Its the SNP Government who are trying to downgrade Caithness General. That's a bit more relevant to e orgers I expect.
    Were the SNP not in power, a Holyrood government of a different stripe would be doing things we don't like.