Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: HOWLIN GAELS!!!!! playing at "y-not" on saturday the 31stof march be there!

Default HOWLIN GAELS!!!!! playing at "y-not" on saturday the 31stof march be there!

Howlin gaels are playing on saturday the 31st of march at the newly opened "y-not" bar and grill.

we will be suported by the rockin' tain duo "dead greatful"

The evning will consist of a good 3 hours + of rock and blues.

doors open at 9 pm tickets are available on the door £6 each

A NIGHT OF GOOD MUSIC SHOULD NEVER BE MISSED!

Quote Originally Posted by tierce-de-picardie View Post
    Howlin gaels are playing on saturday the 31st of march at the newly opened "y-not" bar and grill.

we will be suported by the rockin' tain duo "dead greatful"

The evning will consist of a good 3 hours + of rock and blues.

doors open at 9 pm tickets are available on the door £6 each

A NIGHT OF GOOD MUSIC SHOULD NEVER BE MISSED!
    Thanks for the heads up

Six pound is a bit steep isn't it
    Last edited by Jeemag_USA; 28-Mar-07 at 20:47.

£6! £6! Shocking. Hanging is too good for them. For a few dollars more you could get into Skinandis, drink for longer, AND listen to REAL music. Don't musicians get it? No-one cares about live music. Give up!

stands making rude gesture

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Talking

& for a few dollars more, don't forget the burgers

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    & for a few dollars more, don't forget the burgers
    Burgers, what ever happened to pies, a pint and a pie and a good tune, now thats a deal. When I was a lad it was Chips and Gravy or a steak roll from Sandras caravan

GIve me a King Rib Supper drippin in fat anyday, to heck wi burgers!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Burgers, what ever happened to pies, a pint and a pie and a good tune, now thats a deal. When I was a lad it was Chips and Gravy or a steak roll from Sandras caravan

GIve me a King Rib Supper drippin in fat anyday, to heck wi burgers!
    HEY!!!!!!! this is Skinandis (Eves or Flicks depending on how old ye are)

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    HEY!!!!!!! this is Skinandis (Eves or Flicks depending on how old ye are)
    Unfortunately I have frequented all three of those places, but I will admit to being underage at some of the times I was in Flicks

AND I grew up in that place when it was the local Cinema, I remember the first and last movies I ever saw there, the first was Wizard of Oz and the last was Condorman, a most forgetful movie starring "Ooh Betty" Michael Crawford!

I lived next door to The Picture House, Jeemag. Are you sure Condorman was the last film to run there? I honestly thought Superman 3 was the last one? I remember coming out afterwards into the bright warm summer sunshine, upset that the cinema I'd come to know and love was to be no-more. And do you remember the posters they had on the inside of the front doors advertising a reward for pirate copies of Return of the Jedi? A crystal clear memory for me.

I used to breakdance at Flicks, and remember seeing Echo & The Bunnymen in Features (downstairs before the ceiling was knocked in) during the time Ian McCulloch wasn't in the band. They did a good job refurbishing it, however the building that stands there today will, always, be The Picture House to me.

Speaking of Sandra's Caravan, I remember its appearance very vividly, because the van sat opposite my house on Brabster Street. They did some mighty fine hot-dogs, but I was a bit disappointed that Robin's van - who sat there before them - had left, as his red pudding suppers were to die for. And probably quite literally, as I'll be needing a triple heart bypass operation in a couple of years after spending too much dosh at said van (and subsequent shop).

While we're being nostalgic, let's not forget the Chinese bar and restaurant. Spent hours in there playing the arcade machines, Bombjack and Pac-land being two particular favourites, forever munching on spare ribs or chips 'n' gravy. Hmmm... And it wasn't as if I had far to get home. Yes indeed, that part of town was a very busy, exciting and colourful place to grow up in: always something going on. As Thomas Wolfe famously said: "You can never go home again." It's things like this that confirm your childhood is well and truly behind you.

What was the thread topic again?

Condorman was the last one I saw there, you no reed to good for a journy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    Condorman was the last one I saw there, you no reed to good for a journy
    I can read fine, laddie. I wasn't asking you what the last film to be shown was, I was asking if you were definitely sure it was Condorman.

Condorman was the last movie i personally saw at the Thurso Cinema, i have no idea what the last one shown was?? I said in my post I could remember the first and last movies that i went to see. I was one of the ones who stopped going after we got a Vi-day-oh. I joined up with Vista Video because they were backing the Egyptian Warriors

Sorry, dude, I take it back. (I've been awake for almost 48 hours now.) The Picture House's numbers were on the rise when it was (wrongly) decided that it should close.

By the way, I used to have one of those sticky wind-shield things people put up on the inside of their car - I had a Vista Video one. It's still kicking around somewhere in here, I think (hope).