Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Rich man, poor man

Default Rich man, poor man

With the stunning fall in oil prices and today's forecast that 2015 will be a year of even less demand that 2014, I was wondering what this would have done for Scotland had the vote gone the other way ? John Swinney can't add up at the best of times, but IMO this would have been absolute disaster had the vote been YES.

With hindsight would the current oil situation have changed the way some YES voter voted ?
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Not sure on this, OPEC is playing some game by not decreasing oil production, what that game is it'll involve them making more money.

I dont think it would have swayed many YES voters, as oil prices invariably only go up in the end.

Will we get below £1 a litre? Probably not, but I've got a full tank all the same!!

The oil price would have had no effect on the Scottish economy until 2016 . All past statements from Carmichael and Darling ie the Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble of politics prove they are far better at lying than counting.