Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jude

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Well said, under 18's are bairns, they should be in their beds not pubs
    Funny...............
    Last edited by foreveruntitled; 03-Apr-07 at 23:49. Reason: mistake

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    So what, under age drinkers are the worst nightmare of a Licensee, and why should they be allowed on licensed premises?
    because they might be part of the band

fair do's when it comes to underage drinking, I did my underage drinking without putting gigs at risk.

I've seen more bairns with sense steering senseless auld fowk oot the door because they couldna handle the dram.....................that's another reason why they should be allowed in

but to finish off underage drinking is what it is UNDERAGE & ILLEGAL & against the law & people should be hung, drawn & quartered for it not to mention have their bodies spread to the four corners of the earth

Smile

because they might be part of the band
    You took the words right out of my mouth! (Have I justd quoted Meatloaf?oh no!)

...but i think that answers the question.

Quote Originally Posted by theboysintheband View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth! (Have I justd quoted Meatloaf?oh no!)

...but i think that answers the question.

indeed, we both worked in bars underage huh............made money & stayed sober

I think that 'Colin' (Is that some sort of tribute to the band 'James'?) have weewee'd on their own doorstep by airing this in public.

Regardless of how it happened, If a band does get 'mucked around' its a bad idea to post it on the net because the pub in question will definetly not ask you back for another gig. Also, people talk, other pub owners may see this thread and decide they dont want to run the risk wi a bunch of lads who may be more hassle than they are worth.

Fair enough, every band has been given the run around by different pubs every now and again but you learn to deal with it and try get a resolution between the band and the pub rather than blow off steam in public. Even if you dont get a resolution, keep your mouth shut. It aint exactly the end of the world!

I personally think the blackstairs punters and staff are very welcoming. Both my bands have received a warm welcome in recent months that we've played there (PS, Empty Fortune gig there this Friday 6th April 9pm!)

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    I think that 'Colin' (Is that some sort of tribute to the band 'James'?) have weewee'd on their own doorstep by airing this in public.

Regardless of how it happened, If a band does get 'mucked around' its a bad idea to post it on the net because the pub in question will definetly not ask you back for another gig. Also, people talk, other pub owners may see this thread and decide they dont want to run the risk wi a bunch of lads who may be more hassle than they are worth.

Fair enough, every band has been given the run around by different pubs every now and again but you learn to deal with it and try get a resolution between the band and the pub rather than blow off steam in public. Even if you dont get a resolution, keep your mouth shut. It aint exactly the end of the world!

I personally think the blackstairs punters and staff are very welcoming. Both my bands have received a warm welcome in recent months that we've played there (PS, Empty Fortune gig there this Friday 6th April 9pm!)
    Yeah i see what your saying, but i dont think its going to take a couple of internet posts for bars to realise that people are underage before they play. Also we did kind of think of the consequences, give us a bit of credit wer not 10! So while wer not going to 'keep our mouths shut' its your opinion and your entitled to it.

Lots of bands that play in bars are underage. it's far from uncommon. It's what you do & how you behave when in the bar that counts

& if you had "kind of thought" about the consequences this subject would never have bean meat for a public board, would it????

all you've got to lose is a gig. Different story for others though

I would like to thank the other two members of my band for making us look like complete twats...

This 'incident' was not between Colin and the afore mentioned premises, but with two people who happen to be members in a local indie/rock band (Colin). It's a shame and that the band had to be dragged into it.
    Last edited by ~~Tides~~; 05-Apr-07 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Tides~~ View Post
    I would like to thank the other two members of my band for making us look like complete twats...

This 'incident' was not between Colin and the afore mentioned premises, but with two people who happen to be members in a local indie/rock band. It's a shame and that the band had to be dragged into it.
    Hmmmmm so it's not Colin

another band creating avoc..................WHAT???? I'm sorry buddy but I'm not 100% clear on your last statement there

So you're in Colin?? & the argument wasn't with Colin it's with members of another band........

honestly thats a tad short sided on the part of the offenders & doesn't do Colin any favours into the bargain. I hope Colin don't suffer any repercussions as a result

Cool

I think he means that some members of Colin had a barney with the pub...not the whole band! i think theres more to it than whats been posted and maybe that the way it should stay?!

So is any fecker actually gona come down til John Denver Wetherforks or u all gona sit at the computer waitin' for then next post on this thread?!!

watch ure slang words there boyintheband.

dunno how strict the org is but i nearly got locked up for a month for advertsing for a singer in the general section lol
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by theboysintheband View Post
    So is any fecker actually gona come down til John Denver Wetherforks or u all gona sit at the computer waitin' for then next post on this thread?!!
    wi you in the band.............NO CHANCE

wi you in the band.............NO CHANCE
    U liar!!

I didnt think the org was that strict anymore...well judging from a crazy debate a short time ago...there were all kinds of words flyin' about! And to be honest, b4 i post it...i DID wonder... but then thought feck it! cheers for the heads up tho!I will watch in the future!

Default few....

think I might go for a pint in the blackstairs the night now. ha ha.
    you boys can busk outside if ya want!

Default Another JUDE gig!

Same again but THE BLACKSTAIRS LOUNGE this time, this SATURDAY the 14th, 10ish!Hope to see u there!

Default Hi-jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& the stairs

Thursday 12th feat. James Brown Is Annie etc etc
    Friday 13th feat. the J. Fats Band

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12