Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NHS Service in Caithness

used Wick and Thurso hospitals and is certainly a staffing problem because of where we are on the map, on the other hand have a word with your local MSP ask why the underspend of £440 MILLION plus a ridiculous amount spent on jollies.

Quote Originally Posted by rose123 View Post
    used Wick and Thurso hospitals and is certainly a staffing problem because of where we are on the map, on the other hand have a word with your local MSP ask why the underspend of £440 MILLION plus a ridiculous amount spent on jollies.
    Thats a seperate issue the issue we have in hand at present is recruitment and retention of staff provision of services and management decisions

For those who maybe interested, Highland NHS to be grilled by Scottish Parliamentary Audit Committee. Open to the public in Inverness

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...t-23012015.htm

GRILLED? I 'd opt for burning !

I would suspect if the truth was hidden in the past there wont be a sudden attack of conscience nor an outpouring of secrets to the Parliamentary Committee. I would reckon there will be lots of SMA statements.....Save My Ass.

Ah well Fridays meeting was shall we say enlightening........NOT. We are making a plan but we dont know what that plan is clear as mud.
    We will recruit
    We will make CGH a centre of excellence
    Ah well lets wait and see.

I am still wondering why the screen was set up sideways and there was no microphones so speakers could be heard over the noise of the heater at the back of the hall.

Judging by the parking situation I thought it was going to be a full house, or standing room only, but turned out there were two other groups who meet in the Pentland on a Friday there before us.

Managed a wee bit of networking so my time was not wasted.................not holding my breath for the outcome.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Given that yesterdays meeting provided no clear answers from Elaine or Gary I would suggest not holdong your breath. If there was no plan B for the financial crisis what makes you think theres any coherent plan for Caithness General...

Default Out Of Hours At Caithness General

A TV company are soon to film an item in Caithness about problems in the health service.

They would like to hear from individuals who feel that their own or relatives lives or health would have been seriously jeopardised if there had not been out of hours services available at the hospital.

Ideally they will probably want to interview people about their circumstances or health incident that saved their lives at the hospital and how it might have been if no service was available at the time.

The programme may cover other problems in health services in the county.

Anyone who would like to pass on information or speak to the TV reporter can contact me by pm, email - bill@caithness.org or phone 01955 609343.

I hope as many people give their opinions and stories as possible. Its awful how lately the bad news just keeps on coming.

Has anyone spotted the Inverness Courier article today?
    http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/N...e-19022015.htm
    Last edited by Bill Fernie; 20-Feb-15 at 15:42.

I spotted it and I believe most of what is stated. I would however say that when Caithness General was run as part of the Caithness North Sutherland Trust I was always led to believe it managed to balance its books so the dig at rural hospitals may just be sour grapes as Inverness Consultants may be pulled up here to cover.

100% agree with you Alice.

I'm disappointed with Ken Macdonald's statement. Surely he should be saying that he takes the criticisms seriously and will be sitting down with the Consultants and seeing how they can improve matters. But no..... the brick wall goes up. Brilliant management!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by janeyj View Post
    I'm disappointed with Ken Macdonald's statement. Surely he should be saying that he takes the criticisms seriously and will be sitting down with the Consultants and seeing how they can improve matters. But no..... the brick wall goes up. Brilliant management!!!!!
    And there exactly is NHS highlands biggest problem they don't take criticism seriously, brushed under the carpet head up high and keep digging the hole. For years doctors, consultants, nurses and staff from all areas have been telling management they're getting it wrong but alas they have a GOD like attitude and a stubbornness or should we say a sheer arrogance to just keep plodding on or should I say limping. If this was the private sector they would be out of a job by now.

Having read through the Consultant's statement again I find much of what he has written is spot on.. The one thing I would question are his 'musings' about the rural hospitals. I would like to hear more of an explanation of his thinking there. Knowing Ken Macdonald, as I do, I am afraid it is absolutely typical of him that he should call the Consultant's statement a ridiculous rant. When the Consultant reads that his words have been interpreted in this way then he will, by association, believe that his own Medical Director is calling him, a Senior Consultant, ridiculous. What will that do for morale? Will we see another Consultant resignation? I am afraid Ken Macdonald has, through his own words, confirmed as correct the Consultant's claims about bullying etc by management. Well done Ken! It is about time NHS Highland began respecting their staff from top to bottom but I'm not holding my breath.

Welcome Janeyj.

I remember many moons ago when the RNI in Inverness was a centre of surgical excellence. We had a matron who was seen about the hospital at different times of the day, always with a beady eye on the whole picture. On her rounds she noted paint scuffs, damage to fittings, lights not working etc., and her list went in a communications diary. Usually whatever she had seen on Monday was sorted by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. Some of the wards had jam jars of paint and brushes ready to touch up scuffs as we saw them as we were proud of our surroundings and wanted to be the very best.

Sister on ENT ward had a thing about domestic staff not being seen by the consultant when he was on his rounds to the extent that they were shut in the store cupboard. One day Mr Anderson (sadly long gone) spotted what was happening and made the remark to sister that without her team of nurses and domestic staff she would not have wards suitable to nurse his patients and he would not have a sterile operating theatre to work in.

Yes, there would have been a board of management to whom Matron and Mr Anderson would have reported and somebody supervising the pot of money, but what strikes me about the NHS nowadays is that there are too many closed doors with names of management on them and not enough effort going into appreciating the front line staff.

To be honest, if the level of care is better in Inverness or further south, why not accept that CGH will return to the pre 1987 levels of being a cottage hospital.
    Bagpuss

Quote Originally Posted by bagpuss View Post
    To be honest, if the level of care is better in Inverness or further south, why not accept that CGH will return to the pre 1987 levels of being a cottage hospital.
    Absolutely not why should NHS services in Caithness be going backwards instead of forwards. As a county we are entitled to have investment in our Health Service Provision why should management get away with making a complete balls up of services as lets face it that's what they've done Why should we accept a second class service. Certain services provided for in Inverness yes however there are many services which can and should be delivered right on our doorstep we are not a county of backward people so why should we be given a backward moving service !

Apart from the fact that so many beds in Raigmore have also disappeared over the years not only will you be taking your own pillow youll be taking your ownbed down with you. Raigmore in itself cannot cope with a sudden influx of extra work from the rural general hospitals, I'm calling Caithness that as management have already stated they don't recognise the term cottage hospital but given they dont recognise how to carry out a proper intensive recruitment campaign nuff said I reckon.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast