Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHS Service in Caithness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Downgrading services

There is absolutely no doubt that services are being downgraded -let's not forget the huge overspend ! How else do they plan to save money ? In addition, I would like to know what is going to happen at Dunbar which is our local hospital -our family have used this fantastic hospital for more years than i care to remember and have nothing but praise for the professional, high class care we have always received. Our parents, ourselves and children alike have used their services -casualty has been a regular haunt of ours from minor ailments to other more serious matters which i have to say were responded to by the fantastic knowledge and skill of the nurses concerned. We have been treated by nurses with a wealth of experience and knowledge, qualifications including degrees and being able to prescribe medicines and give very, very detailed advice and support.

Sadly my in-laws required their palliative care rooms and we were treated with love, care, respect and professionalism every visit and talked through what could happen at each stage -our family will never forget the kindness every one of the staff showed us all. Nothing was ever too much trouble and tears were dried, hands were held and they listened to us when they were rushed off their feet but never, ever were we made to feel they didn't have time for us.

Let's not forget that we are talking about people here whether it be patients, relatives and worried families or wonderful, caring professional staff who turn up day after day after day to look after our loved ones -NHS cradle to grave -it seems we are heading in a direction where we are now going to be unable to support either -or those in between.

I want my family to be cared for by true professionals within their own community hospital -those that have stood by us -stood up for us and cared for us -now it's our turn to do the same for them.

Where are all our politicians now ? save money by all means but not at the detriment of the heart of our community -is that not the true measure of a civilized society. Do we need so many managers, did they really need to call in management consultants -to do what exactly and what has happened to all the local public meetings all of a sudden. Next time you are ill -who is going to care for you and where ?

The Sutherland Family -plus in-laws and those who are no longer in a position to speak for themselves
    mo

Downgrading thank you elastic band that was the word I was looking for but couldnt remember when I was posting earlier. I am so confusedby all this talk from management. From what I understand there is only one full time surgeon here at present the rest of the service has been given by using locums. Now heres where im going with my thougths on this. Is it just the one consultant who is going to provide all the cover during the day or is it with the help of a couple oflocum consultants? When will this poor chap ever get a day of or a holiday.If the locum consultants are here anyway why cant they cover through the night as has been happening they are here they are staying locally ? Is it because it costs a lot of money I would bet that is whats behind this decision to stop 24 hour cover but I am not a betting man ? Is it a case of it can be done but management want to save money ?
    My mother seldom said anything, but her sighs were loud enough

There is a petition on facebook which once signed says it will be on Caithness.org too, but I can`t find it here
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

it is on caithness .org on the forum page at the top

I noticed the link and had a look and signed the petition. I bet management are closely following this one given that even their own staff are speaking out against this move and signing the petition. A step too far and in my oppinion a step in the wrong direction backwards not forwards. I wonder how they are going to retrace their steps and make this mess right. This may be voiced as a temporary move but lately all things temporary seem to have been permenant . Theyve known since ages they had someone retiring and the other consultant left months ago I still reckon they saw this as a way of saving money no matter what anyone else says.

I spent many months researching how NHS Highland were spending their money and was horrified to find that £4,000,000 was being spent re-imbursing folk traveling to Raigmore, I was also shocked that there were no figures for the amount it was costing for ambulances/air transfers to hospitals out with the county.This despite requests under The Freedom of Information Act.
    I am now advised that Holyrood has been withholding funds from NHS Highland and using them to try and bolster those hospitals that have problems in the central belt.
    I tried to ascertain how much it was costing for locums to work in general practice and again hit a brick wall. I am well aware of at least one GP selling a practice and then working weekend cover earning more for 3 nights than would normally been paid for 3 weeks.
    This has to stop, for too long those in the far north have recieved services that are far from adequate.
    Despite all the rumours, there is life north of Inverness.

i can well beleive these figures because i was down raigmore with a child and out of the 12 the dr was seeing only 1 can from inverness the rest was from up here and we all got 40.00 fot travelling expenses that kust one clinic on one afteroon just think how many clinics go on in 1 week.

https://www.change.org/p/shona-robis...-hospital-wick

This is a direct link to the petition. I've signed it, everyone should sign it, get your friends to sign it. Once a service has gone it is the thin end of the wedge. We all live up here, we're entitled to the same services as the rest of the country. We've all paid our National Insurance. We cannot be silent on this. 100 miles is too far for emergency treatment, this could easily cost a life.

Lizz How does a GP sell a practice you have lost me here.?

Totaly agree with dmfb,as iv said before there are to many admin in cgh,all of them full of importance and think they run the place then when something happens they try to pass the buck on someone who just said what the public needs to know. They should question themselves not the staff. Maybe they should question themselves about the situation rather let raigmore walk all over them. Stand up to them in Inverness and put our own people in Caithness A VOICE in what happening

the trouble is up here is nhs are not give many people a full contract they seem to like 3 and 6 months . well to be honest who will want to give up a position and move family ect with out any garantee that they will keep you on once your3 or 6 months is up .

I think in the situation Cgh is in they should have a 3-5 year contract written in somewhere,maybe then more proffesional people might apply. Might be thats why they can use the excuse nobody applies for job,probably if the local people knew about this pityful contract they would see the reason no one want to come her. If only the manage could be honest with us it would help solve matters,we need to stand up to them sooner rather than later.

As we the members of the public are not in possession of the full facts only what we hear ont he grapevine we have to try to decide what we hear is true and what is fiction. If as is being suggested NHS are only handing out short term contract then I would be asking what is the bigger picture. This is being done for a reason and could this reason be because they are going to totaly change the hospital beyond what we know today. Is it going to not need all this staff in the future because the plan is to down grade and keep more folks out of hospital or shipped elsewher. I am sure i read inverness also cut beds at one point where does it all end. Offer staff a decent pay a decent contract and less meddling and chopping and changing by jumped up management who dont even work the shop floor or deal with the public and you might see a change for the better.Moral must be at a low in the hospital just now that wont be helping anyone.

services are beeing cut all over , in recent months 2 patients were kept in cgh hospital until a heart bed come available in aberdeen and raigmore, i do not know what the goverment except us to do with patients when they have cut all our beds perhaps we should set up a ward in they extra houses that we help pay for

Two years ago a relative was in CG and was sent to Raigmore regarding their heart problem. Raigmore doctors assessed him the next day and he was discharged to the lounge at the front entrance to wait until relatives could be informed to come and get him. To this day any mention of being taken to Raigmore is met with an extremely negative reply. He was readmitted the following day to CG where his treatment continued for three days before being discharged to home again.

Look what happened to Dunbar in Thurso over the years............used to be a proper hospital with operating theatres and visiting surgeons. Both my parents have had operations there, and a schoolfriend from high school her appendix removed.

I hope I am wrong, but can see CG becoming a nursing home if the powers that be get their way.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

used Wick and Thurso hospitals and is certainly a staffing problem because of where we are on the map, on the other hand have a word with your local MSP ask why the underspend of £440 MILLION plus a ridiculous amount spent on jollies.

Quote Originally Posted by rose123 View Post
    used Wick and Thurso hospitals and is certainly a staffing problem because of where we are on the map, on the other hand have a word with your local MSP ask why the underspend of £440 MILLION plus a ridiculous amount spent on jollies.
    Thats a seperate issue the issue we have in hand at present is recruitment and retention of staff provision of services and management decisions

For those who maybe interested, Highland NHS to be grilled by Scottish Parliamentary Audit Committee. Open to the public in Inverness

http://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/...t-23012015.htm

GRILLED? I 'd opt for burning !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast