Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: NHS Service in Caithness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

in last week paper a court officail said i quote that in today society it is inhumane to expect a person to travel from polmount to wick a round trip of 12 hours , yet the same society expects a person to travel 9hours round trip on a train or over 5 hours on a bus for a 10 minute appointment at raigmore , now they say that if you are ill overnight you are expected to travel 100 miles to be treated , i think the said society have got this grossly wrong . but then we know who has more rights.

i was going to read but then noticed the angry smiley and decided not to bother reading a rant

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    i was going to read but then noticed the angry smiley and decided not to bother reading a rant
    You are darned right I am angry, spitting furiously angry.

if i remember when dr shallcross left he said that the hospital would be down sized i think he must have know something and thats why he jumped ship

Why do people think the worst and jump to conclusions. The hospital advertised for a surgeon but none of the applicants were suitable so they will advertise again. It is only temporary like the dialysis patients travelling to Inverness three days a week till we got a renal unit in wick.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

temporary like the dementia unit at the town and county thats not going to re open as a dementia unit again but was told it was temporary due to staffing problems 2 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Why do people think the worst and jump to conclusions. The hospital advertised for a surgeon but none of the applicants were suitable so they will advertise again. It is only temporary like the dialysis patients travelling to Inverness three days a week till we got a renal unit in wick.
    Oh Fran Im not so sure that people are jumping to conclusions here. You say the hospital management advertised but no one was suitable for the post was this according to the same hospital management who according to the groat are thinking of moving the bignold to the hederson ward making it a smaller unit and even more less likely to attract consultants. How lucrative are management making this post to prospective candidates to entice them north ? remember its a national problem according to the papers. Also they did in the past state the town and county was a temporary closure and it turned out to be pemenant how convenient as that has now left space for some of the queen elizabeth patients according to the paper? to be honest i am starting to trust the paper not the management.
    As for the renal patients as far as i can remember there never was a service here thats why they travelled now that there is if you were to say to them start travelling again im darn sure they would be happy.
    Centralisation once again and Caithness taking a loss of services whilst raigmore still has money thrown at it !
    My mother seldom said anything, but her sighs were loud enough

I think you should join the patients council
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come