Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: verry abrupt pushy oxfam door to door caller tonight scam maybe

Default verry abrupt pushy oxfam door to door caller tonight scam maybe

10 to 9 the night sitting in my home bang goes the door so I open I t hi sir im from Oxfam then I get all the charity talk I told him my wife has already donated to few charity of her choice and that she is not in right now could u call back eh no im not here tomorrow ok I said well she wont be back til 10 would you like to call back then nah your prob waisting my time mate pardon yeah just giveme ure bank details and donate x amount per month sorry ill have to talk to my wife first and she has all he bakn details with her in her purse call her htells me get the details sorry cant I said I very suspicious I asked for his mobile number I don t have one he said getting grumpy I said are you stayin in wick tonight yes where and ill come down when she comes back nah its ok he said you don't want to donate do you eh no as there something wrong here you must have a bank statement he said I saidno the wife deal with all that stuff I said il do it online mate no reply off he went

Just shut the door, unless you enjoy the chat.

Default yeah your right

but thinking on old and vunreble

Quote Originally Posted by transit View Post
    10 to 9 the night sitting in my home bang goes the door so I open I t hi sir im from Oxfam then I get all the charity talk I told him my wife has already donated to few charity of her choice and that she is not in right now could u call back eh no im not here tomorrow ok I said well she wont be back til 10 would you like to call back then nah your prob waisting my time mate pardon yeah just giveme ure bank details and donate x amount per month sorry ill have to talk to my wife first and she has all he bakn details with her in her purse call her htells me get the details sorry cant I said I very suspicious I asked for his mobile number I don t have one he said getting grumpy I said are you stayin in wick tonight yes where and ill come down when she comes back nah its ok he said you don't want to donate do you eh no as there something wrong here you must have a bank statement he said I saidno the wife deal with all that stuff I said il do it online mate no reply off he went
    Ehhh!!!

Could you write in English please?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Ehhh!!!

Could you write in English please?

awk theres always one , i understood him must be a caithness thing?
    anyway back ON topic

Dodgey to say the least dont trust any door knockers cant go wrong that way if its important enough they will mail you

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    ..................must be a caithness thing?
    Meaning what?

Alrock why don't you go your self im trying to warn people and do good a all you can do is comment on my typing off dick

Default bams

just complete bams

thanks for the warning that they are on their rounds

Red Cross are also doing the rounds. Two nights ago I had a visit from a Young Man who said he represented "The Red Cross" and that he wanted me to sign up to Donate a set sum every month by Direct Debit.

I really surprised him when I advised him that I could not do this as I did not have a Bank Account. He left stunned shaking his head in disbelief.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by transit View Post
    Alrock why don't you go your self im trying to warn people and do good a all you can do is comment on my typing off dick
    sorryjustfounditveryhardgoingtryingtomakesenseofwh atyouwheretryingtosayigotthejistanditisgoodtoinfor mpeopleofthepotentialvisitfromapushycharitycollect orbutfromwhaticanmakeofyourpostyouwhereabitmiffedt hatyoucouldntmeethimlateryoudohavetoconsiderthefac tthattohimitisjustajobandalotofpeoplewouldntwantto bedealingwithworkissuesafterfinishingforthedayespe ciallyinsuchamenialjobasthat
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Why not just put a NO COLD CALLER sign on your door ? I find that in my case they do work. Talk to your local Crime Prevention Officer, they are only too glad to help.

I had the same the other night, very suspicious
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Ask to see their ID. Take a note of their name etc., and then contact the charity they claim to represent.
    Everyone's a critic ...............

Quote Originally Posted by sam09 View Post
    Why not just put a NO COLD CALLER sign on your door ? I find that in my case they do work. Talk to your local Crime Prevention Officer, they are only too glad to help.
    they work ok in the winter, but are useless in the warmer months

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    they work ok in the winter, but are useless in the warmer months
    That`s a slur on the hard working Crime Prevention Officer, davth. L.O.L.