Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delivery of parcels by ASCO van

Default Delivery of parcels by ASCO van

does anyone have contact details for the ASCO driver/company who deliver parcels in caithness? I am waiting for an urgent item to be delivered and would like to know what is happening.

Your situation doesn't surprise me. You need to contact Scrabster Port Services as it is them who deal operate under the ASCO banner to deliver their parcels. If you get no joy with them you will need to contact parcelinq in Inverness. Hope that helps.

Default ASCO Scrabster

ASCO’s base in Scrabster, Caithness, is a key logistics hub as the substantial West of Shetland fields come on-stream in the coming years. It offers established quayside services and a fast, direct shipping route to offshore fields from the UK mainland. A development programme is currently taking place at Scrabster to expand its deepwater quay, offering increased berthing capacity.
    Last edited by Bill Fernie; 28-Nov-14 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by captain chaos View Post
    ASCO’s base in Scrabster, Caithness, is a key logistics hub as the substantial West of Shetland fields come on-stream in the coming years. It offers established quayside services and a fast, direct shipping route to offshore fields from the UK mainland. A development programme is currently taking place at Scrabster to expand its deepwater quay, offering increased berthing capacity. Scrabster, Caithness ASCO Scrabster Harbour 
Caithness
 KW14 7UN United Kingdom Tel 01847 893092
    That was some marketing quote, shame they don't live up to it.

thanks for the help all

Delivery services in the Highlands is awful. I ordered a duvet on Ebay, it was dispatched the following day and took almost two weeks to arrive. Absolutely awful service.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

If I want to order anything online I always go for the seller who uses Royal Mail. That way I know I will get my Item in a Timely Manner.

All the rest, Yodel, DPD, Hermes, etc etc I have had problems with them all and I now think twice before ordering goods from a seller who uses a Private Carrier like them.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

i have never had a problem with ajg use them a lot always come to collect parcels when they say and delivered in quick time and if i order something and they deliver they are always freindly and polite

ditto starfish !!!

ASCO are a joke, I missed their delivery yesterday so gave them a phone last night.

They asked me to stay in today as they would redeliver, 4pm came and went so I phoned them and the same lady who said they would deliver today told me that they had no drivers working in my area today but would I be about tomorrow?

I waited in all day on their instructions but they knew that they weren't going to be able to deliver!?

I'm raging

Terrible service

ASCO were a new deliverer in Caithness which was my understanding and like any new business it requires time to settle in,all good so far. BUT now good news stops,ASCO or port services or whatever other guiss they use have gone from bad to worse the most credible thing about them was the lad Euan whose worked up this way for years an i think most of us know him to be dedicated an comitted was working with them,i would of assumed that he would of been running it but i was pleasesd he was delivering to us again yet all off a sudden hes vanished from the delivery scene. Asco seem to be oblivous to the needs of Caithness an what ive heard from friends living around Caithness its bad everywhere. What happened to euan? hes not been seen delivering for weeks from what i can gather!!!!!

I was informed by my Son that Euan has left Asco. This was bad enough but he was the only one in the company who had detailed Maps of Caithness with all the Fams, Cottages etc marked on them so they were easily found. Since these Maps were his own and for his own personal use he took them with him.

Now no one in Asco has any access to these maps and have to spend hours searching for some remote places in Caithness. Two day ago my son came across a Asco Driver who was lost and was trying to find three places. Being kind my son took the time to draw on a piece of paper directions to all three places. Hopefully they were all delivered safely.

Asco could be good, it is just that the drivers they have are not experienced enough or with enough knowledge of the county. some places are very hard to find, I know as for a few years I drove a TAXI.

One more thing SatNav's are handy but in rural Caithness the Postcode does not always take you to the correct house, just within a miles of it. Unfortunately a SatNav is all that Asco have and is usually pretty useless.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

They use harbour taxis for deliver,s at times as well my mate went for a job and he said the money was not great £7 per hour w/end rate plus they only have 2 or 3 van,s

I just passed Euan in Wick and as always, he bided me good day. I think he will be a loss to Asco.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Why did he leave begs the question !!!! anyone who knows Euan knows he loved serving Caithness he wouldnt leave on a mere whim.He cared. Ive recieved a pm from someone who obviously is concerned about this as i but i respect the persons reasons for staying anonymous.

Wow I was berated on the Yodel thread for daring to say anything about ASCO and now Euan has left it's a free for all. Love how this forum works. Hypocrisy is alive and well I see!!!

donss Guest

Did he leave or was he shoved???
    I'd imagine he was knifed in the back, as it was his life, and he gave it all. Best 'local' delivery service I ever remember...

I agree with donss,i too believe he was forced out an frankly im disgusted,are we in Caithness just going to allow this?? Anyone whose met him knows how much he gave to the job an we were damn lucky to have someone so virtous an hard working as him. Weeker 2014 im anything but hypocrical i in fact agrred with you on your view of asco. were you ever serviced by euan? Did you ever get the chance to appriciate the extrordinary lengths he went to ? if you havent then you cant appriciate what youve never had. i state now No van or driver from Asco will be allowed on my property again. you may think this petty but i for one will stand up for what i believe in. Boss i thank you for asking the question. For God sake we in Caithness complain about our services an when we loose the best we have are we to roll over an accept it? Complain to that half baked outfit in scrabster an the ParcelinQ lot in Inverness. Surely his services are worth fighting for.

Does anyone know who delivers for home delivery network up here ? waiting for parcel from tesco direct, tracking showing as being delivered but it has not arrived
    Coxy

Asco have delivered all my Tesco direct items this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast