Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Heritage smart phone app for Caithness and Sutherland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Heritage smart phone app for Caithness and Sutherland

An exciting smart phone app is being developed by Venture North, Strathnaver Museum and other heritage organisations, and NHC Online the (the online development unit of North Highland College UHI). The app will show all the great heritage sites, both cultural and natural, that we have in Caithness and Sutherland and will be a great resource for visitors and locals to use to explore the north.

At the moment Strathnaver Museum is consulting with local heritage groups to identify the many interesting and important heritage sites scattered throughout the north to be included on the app. If you have a suggestion of a great place to visit, or an image you would like to share on the mobile app or associated website, you can submit your nomination on the Heritage North Facebook page,
    Twitter feed, or directly to fiona@strathnavermuseum.org.uk
    Last edited by Strathnaver Museum; 15-Nov-14 at 15:50.

Sounds like a great idea! Look forward to downloading the app and seeing the website when it's finished. Now to decide what's my favourite heritage site in the north....can I only choose 1?

Thanks Duncansby! You can choose as many as you like

App will be ready for early 2015 so not long to wait.

Please don't do this, if you do it will mean me having to get a smart phone and my poor head can't cope with all that stuff!
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Don't worry veekay it'll be available on tablets and it'll all be on a dedicated website too so if you don't have a smart phone you can still see all the sites on line.

phew that's nice to know thanks
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein