Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Howlin' Gaels

Default Y-Not

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.js...mId=3968590861

there ya go Deemac, horses and carts have gone I'm afraid, hope this link works.

Jeez, what a transformation!! All chrome and fury lights . . . .

Stage is still in the same position (actually looks as if there isn't any stage or raised platform - a shame).

Looks as if it will be quite live from all the reflective hard surfaces (floor etc).

Tho if you got a good packed crowd, up close it may get better.

What was it like for you Clash67? How many did you get in on the night (and what's the licenced capacity?)

PS: I'll miss those wagons & carts!!!!
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Yeah the raised stage is gone but we had a really good sound despite the amount of hard surfaces there are but having a good crowd of people in front of us helped too.
    The night was a success with an audience of around 75 people as I had hoped for, the whole entrance fee thing also ensured that the audience was there primarily for the music and they were an appreciative audience too insisting on an encore. Everyone had a great time and said that they thought it was a cracking night and well worth £6.
    The Dead Grateful was supposed to be a duo however a family emergency meant that on of them couldn't make it but the other half Dave Flemming
    ( who is one of the nicest guys you could meet as well as a great singer/musician) carried the support slot off single handed (with the aid of some backing tracks occasionally) and was brilliant.
    all and all the Y-Not is a cracking venue as I'm sure you will find out soon enough.

Clash67, good to hear your gig was well supported at this price point. Especially given that Skins had the memorial multi-band gig on that same night near by.

As you say a reasonable entrance fee also tends to weed out the non-commited punters and also those that do pay stay far longer and make a go of the whole evening.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

seen the photos of the place on bebo. very nice. good to see a much bigger bar and they've utilized the area above the bar by giving folk access to the upstairs. Are the big new windows behind the performance area going to be an issue when it comes to noise? I remember in ye olde redwoode that staff put big foam circle cut-outs in the old round windows to insulate the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    seen the photos of the place on bebo. very nice. good to see a much bigger bar and they've utilized the area above the bar by giving folk access to the upstairs. Are the big new windows behind the performance area going to be an issue when it comes to noise? I remember in ye olde redwoode that staff put big foam circle cut-outs in the old round windows to insulate the noise.
    There will be sound proof shutters on the windows when they arrive. A stage will be built in due course. The new windows are sound proofed also, as is the rest of the bar. Best accoustics of any place I have played in this area.
    This bar has the ability to hold a fairly large crowd and there are plans to import all sorts of artists from solo singers to groups of all styles. If the support is there we should be seeing a lot of class acts playing there. One of the first will be the Spikedrivers on May4th. They are a three piece blues group from London with an American lead guitarist and are reputed to be brilliant.
    Of course, if things run true to form in this area, no-one will want to pay to hear good music and the project will die from lack of support and interest.
    Hope not!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Is there a house PA in there now? I remember going to watch bands there who always had to rent a PA for the place. That was the main reason why i didnt want to organise gigs there because we'd have to shell out for the rental of a PA, lights etc.

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Is there a house PA in there now? I remember going to watch bands there who always had to rent a PA for the place. That was the main reason why i didnt want to organise gigs there because we'd have to shell out for the rental of a PA, lights etc.
    3000 watt rig which is not really set up for group work but could be utilised. 4 JBL tops and 4 JBL bins.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Moncur,you cant use the stairs that lead up above the bar as this is just stairs to the dj booth!!

Quote Originally Posted by swavey View Post
    Moncur,you cant use the stairs that lead up above the bar as this is just stairs to the dj booth!!
    Ah i see i see!

Default Hogmanay At The Y-not Bar And Grill!

I Would Just Like To Say That The Gaels Have Just Confirmed A Hogmanay Gig At The Y-not Bar And Grill With Support Band Yet To Be Announced!
    TazHowlinGael

Quote Originally Posted by TazHowlinGael View Post
    I Would Just Like To Say That The Gaels Have Just Confirmed A Hogmanay Gig At The Y-not Bar And Grill With Support Band Yet To Be Announced!
    When is it? :P Sorry couldnt resist lol

Going by recent threads on here, it'll be about 10 yrs ago

Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Plastic_Food View Post
    Going by recent threads on here, it'll be about 10 yrs ago
    Aww man that sucks then lol. If its 10 years ago il only be 13 come hogmanay and wont be old enough to drink! Och il just drink whiskey and water to make me look older lol!

Don't say anyting about the dates, there are people who snoop on here and give bad feedback for that kind of thing, they have no sense of humor but like handing out the old black dots, I got two for the Colin Gig

Howlin' Gaels + Support at the Y-Not, Hogmany 2007

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456