Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Howlin' Gaels

thanks cazza!much apreciated!!will you be coming along tomorrow evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazaa View Post
    Don't know if anyone is a member of the Musician's Union but this is on their web-site:

SCOTLAND & NORTHERN IRELAND GIG RATE

EFFECTIVE 1ST APRIL 2007

Engagements before midnight:

Engagements up to 2 hours duration, a minimum payment of £65.00

Engagements over 2 hours and up to 3 hours, a minimum payment of £80.00

For all engagements over 3 hours, an additional minimum of £13.00 per 1?2 hour or part thereof to be added to the 3 hour minimum of £80.00.

After midnight the additional minimum of £17.00 per 1?2 hour or part thereof to be added.

Engagements commencing at midnight or after:

A minimum amount of £65.00 to be added to the agreed fee for performing.

I would think that £6 per customer would be a fair price to pay. Best of luck to you for the gig. Hope it all goes well (I remember seeing you in Wick about 10 years ago - it was cracking)
    As these are union rates, then this woudl be per musician I assume, surely thats not the rate for a full band. If thats per person that seems a good minimum wage to me for live bands.

Alas, Swavey I'll be unable to attend (travelling would put the price up too high I'm afraid)

Jeemag_USA - Yes these are per-person rates and the only way to insist upon them, I suppose, would be to join the Union. Of course, clubs and bars may be reluctant to book you if they know how much they should be paying you. I don't know how it would work if only 1 member of the band was in the Union either (?)

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    As these are union rates, then this woudl be per musician I assume, surely thats not the rate for a full band. If thats per person that seems a good minimum wage to me for live bands.
    over the last 5-6 bands I've worked in the fee per man has come & gone from £70-£150. These bands however all took a fee rather than door take because of the uncertainties of pulling a crowd

To add to it I've had to do 12 hour travelling stints & fall into soundcheck in order to get some of the fees PAH it's all part of the game I suppose

But I've spoken regularly to union musos who pull in 300-400 for their string Quartet (in this case) plus all travel & lodgings paid BY UNION SAY SO

anyhow I hope the Stormy People have a Hwlin' gig. I won't be there due to being trapped in the corner by a mess of cabs & cable

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it sucks.

Chobbers - Shona told me they (Sirens) got paid £600 for their show tonight: that's for 2x 45-minute sets. They sold 70 CDs at £5 a pop, and had their food, water and board full covered. So that's a grand total of about £950. Not bad for a night's work. Ever get the feeling we should have carved out a career in folk instead? Yeah, me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Yeah, it sucks.

Chobbers - Shona told me they (Sirens) got paid £600 for their show tonight: that's for 2x 45-minute sets. They sold 70 CDs at £5 a pop, and had their food, water and board full covered. So that's a grand total of about £950. Not bad for a night's work. Ever get the feeling we should have carved out a career in folk instead? Yeah, me, too.
    folk off

maybe Pepsi maybe....................I was just looking at an aaron sweater as well

I wonder if anybody will report on the gig the nicht?????

I've been soundchecking thangs all night...............ALL GOOD

time spent (HOPEFULLY) will ensure a smooth show

They're probably all nursing their hangovers this morning. I, too, am interested to hear how it all went. Did the pied piper lead the masses through the old Lej aboard an Egyptian Gale? Did drunken folks spill Snakebite over Clash's monitors? Did a fight break out in the car park over filthy lucre? News, baby, we want news!

:-)

They're probably all nursing their hangovers this morning. I, too, am interested to hear how it all went. Did the pied piper lead the masses through the old Lej aboard an Egyptian Gale? Did drunken folks spill Snakebite over Clash's monitors? Did a fight break out in the car park over filthy lucre? News, baby, we want news!

:-)
    The Y-Not gig was a rip roaring success, the band played like we were possessed and the dance floor was never empty, the Gaels are well and truly back! the six pound entry fee separated the men from the boys because everyone who paid to get in was there for the music and all the neds who would rather spend their money on drink went there own way which suited us fine, the result was that we were playing to a much more appreciative audience, thanks to everyone who came up to us after the gig and showered us with compliments and much shaking of hands.

Cool. After the, umm, furore, over admission prices and such like, am really glad to hear it went really well, Clash. All the best!

Cool. After the, umm, furore, over admission prices and such like, am really glad to hear it went really well, Clash. All the best!

here, here

all the best lads

Just been looking at Tas's pics on bebo.............& lovely shot of what looks like Dave Flemming

was Roddy there?????

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    here, here

all the best lads

Just been looking at Tas's pics on bebo.............& lovely shot of what looks like Dave Flemming

was Roddy there?????
    roddy was unable to attend due to a family crisis but Dave Flemming was outstanding, peforming as a solo act.

Awesome. Took a look atthe photos too, the How-No looks like a pretty snazzy place, I think I had only been in the old Redwood maybe once before, had no idea there was like a balcony and turntable and all. Good Stuff!

Amazing gig last night!thanks to everyone for showing their support and making the night a great success!!
    now onwards to the lighthouse for another cracking night!!

Where and when are your next big dates down the road so i can pass the info onto my friends. cheers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Where and when are your next big dates down the road so i can pass the info onto my friends. cheers
    I can only confirm thus far that we will be playing the Portmahomack Festival in July but we will also be targeting Ullapool and Inverness shortly, further afield after that, we will keep everyone posted as and when gigs are confirmed, thanks for the interest Rampant Rabbit.

Default Dave Flemming

I would just like to mention that Dave Flemming was excellent on Saturday night!

I've not heard the guy play in years but he sang like a bird and played some really sweet acoustic guitar! personally i could have listened to him play the whole night! A blend of folk ballads and bluesy rock acoustic and from the Waterboys to David Gray! and one of the nicest blokes you'll come across!

HEAR HEAR DAVE!!
    TazHowlinGael

Quote Originally Posted by TazHowlinGael View Post
    I would just like to mention that Dave Flemming was excellent on Saturday night!

I've not heard the guy play in years but he sang like a bird and played some really sweet acoustic guitar! personally i could have listened to him play the whole night! A blend of folk ballads and bluesy rock acoustic and from the Waterboys to David Gray! and one of the nicest blokes you'll come across!

HEAR HEAR DAVE!!
    aye he's no a bad chiel, unless he's nervous.

How smart is the old Redwood looking now?

CDJ1000s and what looks like a Pioneer mixer between them! Very impressive. Sorry, I'm a lower form of life (DJ) so like looking at DJing toys.

Can someone post the link to these pictures of the Redwood, sorry the Y-Not!!

I assume they kept those fabulous wagons and carts that adorned the previous set-up/establishment - classic, just pure classic . . . . .
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast