Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feline Blood Donor needed for emergency

Hi standstill, along with everyone else I also hope and pray that your "bairn" has a complete recovery from the operation. I know how difficult it is to see your beloved pet in pain or suffering when all you want to do is alleviate it whatever it takes to make them better !

I would have offered my "bairn" for the blood transfusion, but I'm sure she wouldn't have made near the 5kg weight.

Here's hoping that all goes well for your beloved cat and that she recovers.

Looking forward to hearing great news tomorrow, all being well.
    Thinking of you. X
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to give an update of my cat, DeeDee. She went through her operation on Wednesday and thankfully so far there has not be any complications. It has now been 72 hours and she is doing well. She has a feeding tube inserted and the staff have been giving her medications through this tube and a proportion of her daily feed. She has started to take some food on her own which is a very good sign. She is bright in herself but has decided that she likes the shelter of the hut that has been placed in her cage for the moment. She is still nervous with all that has gone on the last few days. She is being closely monitored over the weekend and they are going to run more blood tests on Monday and if all goes well, I should get her home to start her recuperation. A big thank you to everyone that has posted and have offered their cat as a donor. There are so many people and cats to thank to make DeeDee's operation a success: The donor himself and two more possible donors and their owners that attended D S MacGregor in Thurso. The long list of people who offered to put their cat forward for a donor. Cats Protection for posting here on their site and keeping in touch with me and offering their help and assistance, Harry at Caithness General Hospital lab, D S MacGregor Thurso, the staff at Dick Vet in Edinburgh especially Donald (DeeDee's surgeon and Danielle (Head of Feline), John at Williamson's Chemist Thurso, Alistair of Auto Parts Thurso, everyone that contacted me through Caithness.Org and here on Lost and Found Pets on Facebook. The list is never ending of those who took an interest in my DeeDee's case. There are some very wonderful people out there and a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done. I would also like to thank my truest and dearest friend Doug who only lost his beloved dog, Sal only a few days before DeeDee's surgery but found it in his heart to make sure that DeeDee got to Dick Vet in Edinburgh to get her surgery and has been there for me through everything.

Thanks for the update standstill. I'm so happy to hear that DeeDee is doing so well and I really hope she's well enough to go home on Monday. Please let us know how she's getting on.

Really glad that Dee Dee's op went well and hope she will be home with you soon and that her recovery is uncomplicated and speedy.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Hi,

Just an update for the lovey people that responded, helped, viewed and cared for my cat DeeDee. She has the results back from her surgery and she has large cell lymphoma. Yesterday she started a 25 week course of chemotherapy treatment. This is being done by the wonderful help of the vets in Thurso and Dick Vet in Edinburgh. It is early days but I look the future with DeeDee an I can only hope that it is long and bright.

Some people have asked me if I would give a brief update every now and then about DeeDee. Sadly DeeDee passed away on the 6th April. Her spirit was strong but her little body weak. The cancer managed to take control. Thank you to everyeone that gave their support and kind words when DeeDee was first diagnosed with lymphoma.

So very sorry to hear that Dee Dee has lost her long struggle to Cancer. It must be heartbreaking for you but at least you were able to give her a few more months with you and she knew just how much you loved her. Hang on to the happy memories you had together.

My heartfelt condolences for your loss. Glad you had Dee Dee with you for a wee while longer and she will be waiting for you at the bridge x
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12