Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feline Blood Donor needed for emergency

Default Feline Blood Donor needed for emergency

I am posting this because it will mean possibly saving my cat's life. My cat has to go in for a very serious operation on Wednesday of next week. The surgery that she is having has a very high risk of her haemorrhaging on the operating table. In order to save her life, they will need to do a blood transfusion but the blood donors for feline have dried up or the feline blood donors have just given blood and unable to do so for Wednesday of next week. If you have a cat that is over 5 kg of weight and is primarily an indoor cat or a cat that goes outside but in good health and has his or her vaccinations up to date, would you find it in your heart to allow them to donate a small amount of blood to help me give my cat a chance to a longer life. I will pay the costs that are involved. If you can help, please, please let me know as soon as possible. I know it is a very big thing to ask but I have to, my cat means a lot to me.

pm'd you to find out more info.
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Please if you can help, please get in touch. Dadie's cat is too small to help but a big thank you to her for offering.

sorry I can not help ,but I have shared on quite a few FB pages .

Thank you so much.

Do they have to be vaccinated?

Hi, Ideally yes but we can still do the test and hopefully a donor.

Have pm'd you

Hav pm'd u xxx

Hi I have a female cat 8 years old in good health and vaccinated. she is an indoor cat who goes out on a lead and she does hunt outside. I live in Berriedale but would take her to the vets if no-one else comes forward. she is over 5 kg. Dee

It would be interesting to find out more about feline and canine blood donors.
    And the supply/demand up here.
    Our cat has just turned 1yo and a soft lump so he might still have some filling out to do before he gets to his full size.
    He is unfortunately too light at the moment..but loves the vet (hasnt been for anything too nasty) and loves his car carrier and car trips out(sometimes comes out for a drive with me) and is a friendly beastie by nature.
    Last edited by Dadie; 05-Nov-14 at 22:36.
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

I would be willing to offer our cat as a donor, I would need to find out hereis weight first. He is due his booster ( card came i today). I will as the vet if you want., I am in Halkirk and am registered with the Thurso Vet Practice.

Would you like me to enquire? Which Practice are performing the operation.
    Whatever the outcome, I do hope your cat recovers from the operation. It is always such a worry.

Hi, I spoke to the vet this evening and if the cat's booster is up to date or slightly just out of date would be ok. What will be happening is the blood donations will be done Monday afternoon and on very early Tuesday morning, the blood will be transported to Edinburgh Vet hospital along with the cat to have her operation. The ideal donor would be 5 + kilos and vaccinations up to date of just slightly out of date. A little less than 5 kg would be accepted. Dee

Hi I see you have another possible donor which is fab. do you need more than one? I will pm you my details so just let me know.

Wish I could help but neither of my cats are suitable. I have shared it on facebook and hope you get enough donors and that the op goes really well
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Thank you Liz.

Sent you a message but didn't get a reply so just let me know if you need Bonnie to give blood and we can sort something out if you are still looking for a donor. Ta

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to give you an update about my posting asking for a feline donor. I am pleased to say that a donor has been found and the blood has been taken. I would like to express a very sincere thank you to each and everyone who got in contact with me and offered to help. It was a very generous thing that you have done by offering you beloved pet to give blood if they were a match.
    I will keep you posted on how the surgery goes on Wednesday morning and I pray to God that my cat has a successful surgery and that I can come on here and give you good news.
    Our pets are part of our family and that is why I am so appreciative to all those that have helped and supported my cat and me.

You will be in our thoughts and prayers for a successful operation and recovery.

Hope everything goes well. Will be thinking about you all.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast