Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: New Survey

Default New Survey

Now that winters coming and to brighten up the org, I was just wondering how many folk would be interested in a survey regarding the different drying times of various brands of emulsion paint

Nothing like brightening up your day by watching paint dry
    "One more round Micky"

Certainly more exciting than this forum has been for the last wee while

Just realised that the grass is growing much slower now. Still great fun to watch though.

You'll notice that once the average temp gets to 5 deg grass stops growing so watching a thermometer is a fascinating passtime.

Maybe they could be a notice to say what topics we can chat about. Agreed paint drying times would be top of my list.

Discussing drying times of paint is OK, just don't bring up the colour issue...
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Does Tesco sell paint? What time does it open? (The shop, not the tin) :-)

What do you use to open your tins of paint? I favour a hand grenade, not only does it save me injuring myself using a screwdriver, it saves me labouring on a boring job! 😃

It's more or less paint, but B&Q Quick Dry Varnish is fantastic. it's so quick I actually sit and watch it dry!!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

I would recommend that nobody buys "one coat" paints. Admittedly it does save time but it's nowhere near as much fun or as satisfying as watching two or three coats drying.

How fast is fast drying paint? Coz I am busy, and need to know how much time I should give to watching it dry.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I learned something new about paint today. That is all.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
    Now that winters coming and to brighten up the org, I was just wondering how many folk would be interested in a survey regarding the different drying times of various brands of emulsion paint
    Well I am getting my Hall painted tomorrow and Sunday. I will time it and see how long it takes to dry.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

We are building a new hen house so will be watching the cuprinol [or the cheaper Homebase equvilent ] dry, we may have to take a coffee break but will keep a record of the time to produce an accurate result

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    It's more or less paint, but B&Q Quick Dry Varnish is fantastic. it's so quick I actually sit and watch it dry!!
    28 minutes!!!!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    What do you use to open your tins of paint? I favour a hand grenade, not only does it save me injuring myself using a screwdriver, it saves me labouring on a boring job! 😃
    I'm glad to report I've successfully painted a room using this method, the paint was dry in 2 hours 😃Can someone recommend a joiner and glazier for a wee job?

I trust you allowed for temperature, humidity, porousness of the surface being painted, size of brush or roller used and that you fell asleep for a minimum of fifteen minutes.