Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Piano grand exit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Piano grand exit

Have noticed that lots of folk are trying to give away pianos. Mine is in a garage, suffering from woodworm. How about a grand Viking funeral for some instruments, if they can't find good homes?
    Bagpuss

Build a trebuchet and fling it. Set light to it just before launch. Post video here for all to see!
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

I remember the demise of many a good piano when they started to become unpopular. Most of the village fates would have a piano smashing completion with teams of four that would have to smash up a piano and throw it through a small tyre hanging from a rope.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I remember the demise of many a good piano when they started to become unpopular. Most of the village fates would have a piano smashing completion with teams of four that would have to smash up a piano and throw it through a small tyre hanging from a rope.
    Sounds like a great Gala Week attraction, teams from local sports clubs competing, what a "smashing" idea.

Now there's weird Kevin....was it a custom peculiar to the area you grew up in?

Default Piano Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Now there's weird Kevin....was it a custom peculiar to the area you grew up in?
    I've no idea whether or not if it was a peculiar custom to South Wales, I just remember it as a part of competition at the local fete. I suppose in the sixties and seventy's pianos were considered an old fashion form of entertainment and was replaced in the household by the more modern idea of a TV and a good way of disposing of them was to break them up as a part of a competition. I do remember it being one of the main events and all the local rugby teams would take part.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.