Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Itching

Default Itching

Either eczema is raging or I've been bitten by something. Or there is some odd sort of allergen out there. anyone else suffering?
    Bagpuss

Don't know if it's something in the air - but take a pair of tights, fill one leg with porridge oats, tie it to the taps or handle on your bath and let it fall into the water, then have a nice long soak. Supposed to help... never needed to try it myself but it'd be worth a go

Default Burned Bum

Quote Originally Posted by pirateeye View Post
    Don't know if it's something in the air - but take a pair of tights, fill one leg with porridge oats, tie it to the taps or handle on your bath and let it fall into the water, then have a nice long soak. Supposed to help... never needed to try it myself but it'd be worth a go
    I tried that, I borrowed a pair of Mrs M's tights, put them on and filled one leg with porridge oats and followed the rest of your instructions carefully, but burned my backside on the hot tap and found it difficult to relax and have a long soak after that.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I put on the tights but didn't bother with the oats. After going for a walk and getting a black eye it's made me forget about the itching! ;-)

Really gentlemen and I use that term loosely in the case of joxville , oatmeal soap is an old remedy for acne and the like so would ease any itching but not cure it. You might have bits that are a lot softer though with the bath stocking.

Lots of fleas and creepy crawlies about at this time of year, it may be due to a previous mild winter.