Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What Caithness truly needs

Default What Caithness truly needs

is more drive-through (or drive-thru) restaurants like, say, Tim Hortons.

With a little care and attention, there should be no problem with noisy bunches of yobbos, or vacationers taking advantage of the "facilities."

There will need to be sufficient space to avoid interference with local traffic. Remember your ability, years ago, to calmly handle flocks of sheep on public roads, or single lane highways with passing places.

It will be necessary to protect the ordering microphone and pick-up window from the gales. For clues, look at the orientation of the front door on any sensible house built before WWII, in the countryside.

Instantly, more tourism and properly caffeinated locals.

Why would we want a Canadian Coffee Shop here in Caithness. We are quite happy with the Establishments we already have.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

macdonalds would go down a treat on the old market site. they would make fortune from the school kids and a drive though for the boy racers at night
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Quote Originally Posted by billmoseley View Post
    macdonalds would go down a treat on the old market site. they would make fortune from the school kids and a drive though for the boy racers at night
    They could build an oval circuit with parking places so once the burger is finished, its back onto the oval, race round to the drive-thru window and order again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    They could build an oval circuit with parking places so once the burger is finished, its back onto the oval, race round to the drive-thru window and order again.
    Then Half way round the circuit you could build a Toilet Block so that you could stop for a Pit Stop.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Then Half way round the circuit you could build a Toilet Block so that you could stop for a Pit Stop.
    Unless it's winter & then the Toilet Block would be locked up...
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

IMO theres already enough places to eat and drink in Wick & Thurso. Coastal villages are lacking in cafe's but I don't drive through is the answer.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore